Hotel Bareiss
$99
Nationalpark-Hotel Schliffkopf(Baiersbronn)
Hotel Sackmann(Baiersbronn)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshalf boardblack forestafternoon cakesall agesbreakfast buffetstar restaurantonce in a lifetimenormal poolspa areaevery eveningmake reservationsnatural poolresting areaslovely roomdining experiencerainy weatherover the top
Reviewed May 13, 2011

As carlsberg,probably the best hotel in the world.
Personal,family,quality are the items in this guesthouse.

• Stayed: December 2010
2  Thank pflamend
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2011

Dear guest,

I thank you very much for taking the time to write what you enjoyed during your stay at The Bareiss.

We are delighted that we meet your taste and that you can benefit from the services we offer. We strive for offering our guests an excellent quality in all areas of the hotel: from the restaurants and the leisure and kids programme to the wellness area.

For the well-being of our guests we practice a cordial hospitality and highest attentiveness in accordance with the motto of the founder Mrs Hermine Bareiss “Never say ‘No’ to a guest”, as the guest is in the center of attention.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at The Bareiss and wish you all the best.

Warm regards,

Mitteltal, 22 May 2011

Reviewed May 1, 2011

In the past two years I have stayed at Bareiss many times. When I leave,I can't wait to go back. The staff,food, rooms,many pools,spa and service are the best I have found anywhere. The hotel is close to France and Switzerland. The meals and many activities,and other treats are included in the price. The hotel offers organized hikes in the forest around the hotel. The owner and his son are present to assure total customer happiness and satisfaction. Almost all of the staff speak English. The website has many good pictures of the hotel and surrounding area. Please feel free to contact me with any questions

Room Tip: Tell the hotel what you want and you will get it!!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Dave06
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Dear guest,

I would like to express my thanks for your time and your comments that you wrote after your stay here at The Bareiss.

Your description and evaluation are full of praise. I would like to forward these compliments to our guests who leave their mark on the hotel by telling us about their likes and dislikes and thus play a substantial role in the development of the hotel.

We are very thankful for both, the compliments as well as the criticism from our guests. The compliments spur on and motivate us to continue on our way. The criticism, on the other hand, helps us a lot to improve what has to be improved to become your “holiday home”. This is our goal and therefore you can tell us what you want and we do our best to grant your wishes.

So we appreciate the opportunity to thank you for being such a loyal guest and putting up with the long journey for your stay here in the Black Forest.

Warm regards,

Mitteltal, 18 May 2011

Reviewed November 24, 2010

If you want an experience of staying in a family run 5 star hotel - then stay here. The Bareiss family and their staff have pride in their hotel and want their guests to enjoy their stay. We stayed for 3 days, wish we stayed longer - best hotel we have ever stayed in. Our room was huge with beautiful views of the mountains. Fresh fruit and little chocolate treats were left in our room each day. Dining was a food experience not to be missed. Enjoyed the dessert buffet evening !! Swimming pools were brilliant especially the outdoor thermal with the lazy river. Went hiking ended up at the hiking hut, which belongs to the hotel, for cake and coffee. We have told our friends how wonderful it was and we hope to visit again

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank lovemyholsireland
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely words, with which you reviewed your stay and expressed that you had marvellous days from the sweet treats in the room to the hiking tour and enjoyed yourselves here in the Bareiss and its surroundings!

With pleasure I forwarded your compliments to our staff members and you can imagine how delighted they were about it.

We are striving every single day to do our best for our guests, reconsidering our services and achievements. The laud as well as the comments and criticism are very helpful and increase the motivation and the inducement of the staff members. It therefore helps us to get closer to our goal of being your vacational home. Thank you very much, also for recommending the hotel to others.

I am looking forward to welcome and see you on your next visit in the Black Forest and send my best regards to you and your family. Have a nice Advent season.

Sincerely yours,

Mitteltal, November 28th, 2010

Reviewed September 27, 2010

I'm very desapointed! poor room , food - not at all as expected! we prefer the Engel!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ed1957
khm_2009, Inhaber at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2010

Dear guest,

I am very surprised by your comments concerning your stay at The Bareiss and regret that we apparently did not meet the expectations.

Nevertheless I would like to thank you for your criticism as it gives us the opportunity to react. Should our guests be disappointed about anything during their stay with us, our employees seek to be aware of it and try to solve the problem by offering an alternative, e.g. a different room or meal. You may also be free to express your critique directly as our aim is to not only satisfy your needs but to excel them. In order to be able to do so, we need to know about your wishes. Therefore I would be very pleased, if you could write me the details of your criticism. I promise that we will take notice of your individual wishes during your next stay.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again here at The Bareiss and remain for the time being with the best regards,

Yours,

Mitteltal, October 7th, 2010

Reviewed May 14, 2010

Stayed here several times over the years. The hotel has been awarded Germany's best leisure hotel some time ago and I fully agree. Excellent food (half board is great as well) but their Michelin rated restaurant Bareiss is obviously excellent. Incredible attention to detail, one of the best (and centainly largest) breakfast buffets I have ever seen in a hotel (superb!) and what great rooms and service. One longs to go back more often. One minor point however; some of the staff tend to feel themselves more important than the guests. But of a high-nose attitude which does does not suit this hotel.
However, I can definately recommand the Bareiss to everyone!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HPBKraaijeveld
khm_2009, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Bareiss, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely words, with which you announced that you had marvellous days here at The Bareiss and that you enjoyed yourselves!

With pleasure I forwarded your compliments to our staff members, especially to Claus-Peter Lumpp and his team from the Restaurant Bareiss and you can imagine how delighted they were about it.

We are striving every single day to do our best for our guests, reconsidering our services and achievements. The laud as well as the comments and criticism are very helpful and increase the motivation and the inducement of the staff members. It therefore helps us to get closer to our goal of being your vacational home. We do not accept a high-nose attitude of our staff and will therefore observe the situation and take action. Our philosophy is to treat our guests at eye level, with respect and highest attentiveness. Thank you again for your recommendation.

I am looking forward to welcome and see you on your next visit in the
Black Forest. Until then I wish you all the best and remain