“Excellent Service”

Ranked #1 of 22 Baden-Baden B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had become sick while on my trip and emailed ahead to see if they could find me a doctor which they gladly did. I was late arriving due to a slow train but they were waiting, quickly checked me in and gave me a map and sent me on my way. I was very appreciative of the extra effort they went to for me. Then on the day I left, I left my Ipad charger behind and they immediately emailed me and asked me if they should send it to my home address which also did without any hesitation.

I stayed at the hotel based on a Rick Steve's recommendation and as usual I was not disappointed. My trip to Baden Baden was a little treat after being on a course with 33 other people in the Black Forest. The hotel was a lovely little oasis just off the main streets of Baden Baden and just up the hill from the Friedrichsbad which was the main purpose of my trip.

Great breakfast in the restaurant connected to the hotel including the best scrambled eggs I've tasted in a long time. I had the restaurant to myself on the Monday morning which meant a more limited breakfast buffet which was fine but the owner of the restaurant generously made me eggs before I headed off to the train station for the next leg of my trip.

Already planning my return for next year so I can indulge in the Xmas market.

Thanks to Zoia and her staff for going out of their way for me. much appreciated.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Zoia A, Inhaber at Rathausglockel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest "Mccorca", thank you so much for your detailed review. It goes without saying that me and my employees make "the extra effort", that you are writing about, for every guest. Hotels are not only "bed and breakfast" - they should be your home away from home. I hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Yea, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We selected the Rathausgloeckel because of its excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, and were not disappointed. All the staff we had contact with were most helpful and friendly, we loved the atmsophere of our room, good space and a modern clean bathroom. All you want and more for breakfast. The staff provided us with a discount admission ticket for the Friedrichsbad baths which are just down the street, and they are a must-visit if you are staying there.
Baden Baden is a lovely, clean town, easy to get around and some good walks (the Rathausglockel staff gave us some good suggestions). We hope to return to both Baden Baden and the Rathausgloeckel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoia A, Inhaber at Rathausglockel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear guest "arcticharry",

Thank you so much for your kind words and detailed description of your stay. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to comment, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
We hope to welcome you in our hotel again soon.
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is one of the nicest, most charming places that I have stayed at in a very long time. The building is old and quite quaint, tucked away on a narrow cobblestone street near the Friedrichbad Spa. The rooms are very nicely furnished and appointed. This is not a huge hotel and simply does not have ammenities such as swimming pools and conference rooms but frankly, that was not what I was looking for. This establishment is more like an Inn. The room we had was quiet windows looking out on the cobblestone streeet in front of the hotel and was decorated with beautiful period antiques. The bathroom was quite large and very modern in design. The hotel's staff is brilliant, friendly and professional. It was in fact the friendliness of the receptionist that convinced me to book the hotel when I made the reservation enquiry. The breakfast was very good and is in the hotel's adjoining restaurant. While we did not have a good experience when we dined that night at the restaurant (a separate review), that did not detract or diminish the hotel's quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VulcoRoot
Zoia A, Inhaber at Rathausglockel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest "VulcoRoot"

Your lovely words about the hotel staff and your beautiful description of the room and hotel are incredibly helpful for other prospective guests and I would like to thank you for the time you took to write this review. We work hard to provide a great experience for our guests, and it’s nice to hear when we’ve hit the mark.

I also sincerely appreciate your feedback about unpleasant restaurant visit (separate review), as it provides us with the information need to correct problems and improve on the services we offer our guests.

I would like to profusely apologize for the treatment you received from the restaurant manager. This is not the type of service that I condone or the hotel stands for, and we have taken action regarding this instance in hopes that we never hear of one of the team being rude again. Me and my husband have entrusted the management of the restaurant to the chef cook and his wife about 3 years ago. The chef cook makes wonderful dishes and his wife manages the service. Your experience shows how high quality product can be destroyed by low quality service. On the evening of your visit she should have shown high regard for your valued presence in the restaurant. I do have to mention, that since restaurants kitchen closes at 10.30 and cleaning of the kitchen begins right away it was not possible to fulfill your second wish. However there is no excuse for being rude.

I am really sorry for your bad experience at the restaurant, however I hope you will give us an opportunity to offer you a high level of service by your next visit. If you would like to discuss, I would love to talk with you and ask that you call the hotel (+49722190610) and ask for me. Thank you again and I hope to talk with you soon.
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We booked this hotel for our anniversary and were very pleased. The hotel is located right in town and very near to the Caracalla and Friedrichsbad spas. If you arrive by car, be aware that you can drive to the hotel through the narrow streets but only park temporarily. Parking is available for reduced price at a nearby parking garage. Our room was comfortable and clean, with a large bed, desk, and wardrobe; the bathroom was compact but functional. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, which appears to be run by a husband/wife team - she serves and he cooks. The menu contains local specialties and the food was delicious. The breakfast buffet is in the same restaurant and had a nice selection of breads, fruit preserves (also available for purchase), eggs and meats. You can even have the chef cook you some eggs other than scrambled if you wish. All in all, an excellent hotel and we hope to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoia A, Geschäftsführer at Rathausglockel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest "JezzyBelly"

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your anniversary celebrations and for taking your time to write this review. Me and my team, are very happy to hear that you had great time. You are right about the restaurant, 3 years ago we entrusted the management of our restaurant Rathausglöckel to our chef cook and his wife. The hotel is still run by me and my team.

We would be delighted to welcome you back again anytime and of course especially on your next anniversary and wish you only the best of luck for your future.
Rome, Italy
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We've been in Historisches Hotel Restaurant & Weinbar Rathausglöckel : we hope to be here next time we'll stay in Baden Baden ! They are so kind and smart ! The staff is extremely friendly and willing to provide all the information and every comfort .
The hotel is 1 min walk from wonderful Friedrichsbad_Roman_Irish_Bath , Caracalla , Fabergè Museum and the centre of this beautiful city.
The breakfast would satisfy even the most bulimic person : it is prepared by the inside restaurant, that I strongly recommend for dinner: is very good , offering traditional and even historical recepies . In my opinion they just have to insert more wines of the Rhine in their list.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alcado14
Zoia A, Geschäftsführer at Rathausglockel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear guest "Alcado",

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We work hard to offer great stay, good food and friendly, efficient service, and I’m so glad your visit was enjoyable. I will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. I will talk to the restaurant about your wishes to see more wines of the Rhine in their list.

Best Regards
Zoia Asel
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We learned of this place from the Rick Steves book and it was perfect. The room was just right, quiet, clean. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. This was our third trip to Baden-Baden and if we ever go back we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest "BWater",
Thank you very much for the positive comments. It’s always encouraging when guests acknowledge the good work of our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Regards
Zoia Asel
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had first tried to get in Am Markt because of the reviews and in the old section but it was booked way ahead. I was concerned about the noise of the bells but this hotel is across the street from the other and maybe deafened the bells. i didn't hear them with the windows closed at all. I had requested the top floor and a fan which I got as it was late June and hot in the city. The roof patio was next to my room and a nice touch. Jasmin at the desk was very helpful and personable. The Restaurant was good enough but I felt the owner(managers?) couple could have at least TRIED to be more pleasant.. I spent 4 nights taking the train from there to ancestral villages. The bus to the train was easy and stops light up on screen so you knew where to get off (at Leopoldstrasse.) The Baths were just down the block from the hotel and I enjoyed Caracella 2 evenings. It is the best part of the city (unless you're there to gamble maybe).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Zoia A, General Manager at Rathausglockel, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Guest Seniortravelbug,

Thank you for your very nice and detailed comment about our Rathausglöckel. I am delighted to hear that you liked our location in the city center next to the thermal baths and a few steps away from the pedestrian zone. I am also happy to hear that Jasmin was helpful and personable. Our goal is to make guests feel home away from home.
However I and my whole team are very sorry to hear that you did not have the same remarkable experience in the restaurant. I personally apologize for the incident. You have expressed some very helpful feedback and I will discuss this incident with the restaurant manager, who is not the owner. Thank you again!
We would be delighted to welcome you once back in our Hotel Rathausglöckel.
Best Regards from sunny Baden-Baden