“I was amazed so I am going back soon” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Merkur

Hotel Merkur
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Brussels, Belgium
“I was amazed so I am going back soon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Arriving at the hotel Merkur in Baden Baden I received the warmest "welcome" I have ever received! Frau Rube made us feel really welcomed and special! The information she gave us about the area and "what to do in. Baden Baden" could easily beat any travel agent.
The hotel has a very small reception area but, we were given a Beautiful spacious room, very comfortable and elegant. Bathroom, towels, linen, everything was at an excellent standard. Then, the next morning, we were pleasantly surprised by another exceptionally polite and friendly enough lady at the front desk, Frau Koch! We were in need of a housekeeper early in the morning and she was sent to us within 5 min!!! And when we thanked mrs Koch the reply was "my pleasure, that's why I am here for"!!!
At breakfast the young lady who served us, was very pleasant and only too happy to serve. When I asked about a local speciality, she run and got me the recipe! amazing! So kind!
I cannot finish unless I say a big thank you to the lady at the front desk of the night shift (pls forgive me that I am not sure of her name, I think it was Sabrina) she also gave us info and assistance with restaurants and attractions we should visit. She was so pleasant and helpful.
We went to Baden Baden planning to stay only for one night, but the Exceptionally good service, the comfortable hotel and beautiful Baden Baden made us extent our stay for 3 nights and cancel the rest of our adventure. This is the reason we were given a different room every night, but the staff moved our luggage so there was no hassle. But the first room we were given was the best one.
I have travelled and visited many hotels, but the staff at this hotel is the best I have ever met! They really looked happy to be of service!
So thank you again, Frau Rube, Frau Koch, , Sabrina, Sara and Olga.

We are planning to go back very soon and this destination will be one of our favourite.

Room Tip: We had 3 different rooms, all very good, but the 1st room at 1st floor was the best. It was a corner...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank XZT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was only there for a night, but I thought the location was perfect, the rooms clean and unique. The front desk could get a little bogged down, but you can 't get everything! Breakfast was delightful.

Driving there is...difficult, however. My GPS took me through a pedestrian area (that didn't work), and the parking lot is scary tight. Definitely reserve a space in advance.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Oldenburg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel is situated in a quiet neighborhood but in very short walking distance to the centre of Baden-Baden. The rooms are clean and modern and have enough space.
The value-for-money ration is very good and there is a very good restaurant within the building.
But there is no bar or lobby to have a glas of vine at the end of the day.

Room Tip: A room to the backside will be quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Merkur while visiting Baden-Baden for a short vacation. The hotel is in a very nice location - very near to a bus stop and short walk from all the major attractions (such as pedestrian shopping zone, casino, spas). The room we stayed in was a nice size for Europe and very modern and clean. I found the beds a little hard...but that's a matter of preference. The breakfast was included and very substantial. The staff was always present and very friendly and helpful. There is an elevator, but it is pretty small. It was easier to just use the stairs to get around. We did experience some loud street noises in the morning from garbage trucks and kids going to school. But during the evening and night we weren't disturbed by anything.

I don't have anything negative to say about the hotel - I think it met our expectations. I don't give it 5 stars because I usually reserve that for hotels that truly stand out in some way. But I would be happy to stay at the Hotel Merkur if we ever find ourselves in Baden-Baden again. Which I hope we do - we were so impressed by the extensive amount of hiking trails. The hike up to visit the old castle is well worth it. Great place to explore if you have children!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank christinamn
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

All round I could not fault this hotel. It is located 50 metres from the main town centre, the rooms are large and modern. Staff extremely friendly. The Wifi works well, there is onsite parking and the breakfast is very good.

The rooms are very large in comparison with other hotels. We have been travelling for a month and stayed in many hotels however the Hotel Merkur is amongst the best 3 to date. The other good think about this hotel is that it has a lift (and after you have been carrying bags up and down stairs - it is a great relief.

Baden-Baden is a great city to visit (one night only). We were very surprised by the size of the city and the main pedestrian mall.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SydneyTraveller_2008
Montana La Data, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Refreshingly friendly and optimal located hotel in the centre of Baden-Baden.
The staff welcomed us very heartly and it was the perfect start for a wonderful stay.
Our room was spacious, modern, clean and lovely decorated as the whole hotel.
A rich breakfast buffet and a delicious restaurant made us also feel well.
Free of charge wifi, Sky-TV and the parking garage are also plus points.

Room Tip: Our Junior Suite was very spacious and mordern
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mario U
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Very good Hotel with a friendly and helpful staff. Perfect located in the centre of Baden-Baden, with parking spaces

Spacious, modern and clean rooms, nice decorated as well as a the whole Hotel.

A rich breakfast buffet and a delicious Restaurant.

We missed nothing and will come back to the Hotel Merkur at our next Germany trip for sure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple