“Know what you are getting into!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Friedrichsbad Roman-Irish Bath

Friedrichsbad Roman-Irish Bath
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the ultimate in Roman bathing culture combined with Irish hot-air baths here at the Friedrichsbad. Luxuriate in this exclusive bathing pleasure as you visit each of the 17 different stages. The changing temperatures and the healing thermal water in the various baths have a regenerative effect on body and soul. The well-being that you take home with you after a visit to the Friedrichsbad and the healing benefit of its thermal water will be unforgettable, as it has been for many others for over 130 years.
Commerce City, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Know what you are getting into!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

Bah! My husband and I have twin 16month olds so he sent me on my own journey of the baths while he stayed with the kids as my Valentine's Day gift. In other words, I knew NOTHING about the baths. He did mention nudity but being the American that I am I truly envisioned momentary skivvies en route to the pool. Nope. I spent an afternoon walking from room to room in utter confusion...naked. :) "What? You're taking my towel? No! Why?" I also clearly visited on "mix" day so there were lots of naked men I was not planning on sharing a shower with. Needless to say, this was FAR from a relaxing experience but it was hilarious and an experience I shall not soon forget! Experience of a lifetime! Note to the wise: take your spouse/significant other. At least when you're naked and confused, you're naked and confused with someone whose seen you that way before!

Visited February 2014

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Not for the shy…”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

So, yes, you are naked. For the entire experience. We went during the mixed, and I have to say although I thought I be more embarrassed with men around, I was glad my fiancé was with me. It is a kind of live and let live (naked) atmosphere. In other words, get over yourself and do it! No one, I repeat no one looks perfect with no clothes or makeup on!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank hoksi
Bowling Green, Kentucky
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Total relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Back in 2007, my wife celebrated our 25th wedding Anniversary at this bath house. Obviously we Americans have a greater insecurity about nudity and our bodies than Europeans. The experience is well worth going out of your way to live the "good life".

2 Thank Ron T
Grand Junction, Colorado
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Baden Baden On the Baden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

An old friend had told me of the Exotic excesses that wealth had brought to Baden-Baden!Especially Marlena Dietrich!The baths are so historic they date back to the Irish and Romans probably even further! Baden means bath and as advertised it's Baden Baden!The arcitecture is a high point in the city! I usually travel in September because rates are lower and so are the crowds! Taking advantage of the underground parking near the city center (traffic free zones fluctuate) There was a pavillion where there where traditional (Black Forest) and Southern Germanic dances were being performed! This was near "The Casino"! My wife and I are no strangers to casinos but when we walked to the entry doors a well dressed doorman shook his head, motioned to me, with two hands vertically down his breast that I would need a jacket, or maybe a tux! To get into the casino! I'm American, Dueshebag! OK I am not James Bond the Orinthologist! So He told me the slots were downstairs!We played some there, and put up with the 1 euro potties!The walk-about the city was eye-opening,people were coming out of large hotel-mansions and walking to church, the feel of walking near the stream and seeing these people doing what their families had done for many generations was....

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Gerald F
Bruges, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Friedrichsbad in December”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great experience. I read other reviews where it says too busy, 1 hour queues,.... It is worth to try and go during a quiet period. We were there the week before Christmas week, and no queue's, and could go through the whole process at leisure. We took the luxury package including scrub and cream massage. At over 50€, I found it a little over priced. The scrubbing and massage is just a few minutes. Going through the different bath and steam rooms is a nice experience, but would have preferred to have hotter water baths. Being a bit spoiled at having the experience to visit the famous Blue Lagoon in Iceland, and the famous baths in Budapest, this one would take a 3rd place only. But definitely worth a visit, even if just to enjoy the historic building and surounding.

Visited December 2013