All reviews church bells small hill lovely little hotel homemade jams train station friedrichsbad spa yogurt top floor breakfast was delicious quiet location double bed by foot comfortable room few minutes walk town centre baths spas
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Stopped off here for 2 days for a break from the rain. Decided it wasn't worth riding to Furka Pass with the weather I'd been getting so stayed here for a couple
Of nights to dry out from camping.
What a lovely find too. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Let me get to room and dried and changed out of all my wet kit before any paperwork got done and helped me with my panniers up the lift.
Room was great, comfy bed, perfect size for a solo traveller, nice view out the back, fantastic shower and 2 minutes walk from the thermal pools.
Breakfast was fresh and plentiful and always greeted with with a nice smile in the mornings.
I can highly recommend this lovely little family run hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Dtanner83
Reviewed August 3, 2017

We had a brief one night stay and found the room comfortable if not a bit oddly shaped. (We had a top floor room and the sloping ceiling was a bit invasive.) The room was very clean and the staff personable and professional. The location was perfect for seeing the town and the baths. The church bell rang right next to our window but honestly it was not a big deal. It did not ring after 10pm. A room on the lower level may be preferable as there were a lot of steps up to the top floor and the elevator small.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2017

The staff were warm and welcoming and were very helpful. The situation is great: extremely close to shops & restaurants and the baths are only 100m away. The. Breakfast area and meal was lovely with a lot of home prepared foods. The room was very spacious, clean and well appointed with good sized bathroom. We appreciated the atmosphere created by a family run business. This was one of our favourites during our trip. I would have rated this hotel a 5 but there was no lift and getting our suitcase up three sets of stairs was quite difficult.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Friendly staff, great location and the cleanest hotel room I've ever seen!
Despite staying in a room facing the church, the noise level was fine - we hardly noticed the bells ringing.
Extremely happy with our stay :) Would stay here again and again!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

This is probably one of my favorite little family run hotels of Germany . It's been in the family NOW for a 150 years .. The mattress is very comfortable and this hotel is a quiet place to stay . Especially after 10 pm when the church next door shuts off its bells . The hotel rooms don't have any t.v. in them which makes them great for a quiet stay . No music either .And no mini bars . Just a nice old small hotel . They have a great buffet breakfast in the morning too . All you want to eat too .
This hotel is right in the cobble old center of this village too . I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Germany. By the way down the street is a good old fashioned spa /bath house to immerse yourself in for a few hours . And if you have children this little hotel will arrange for a baby sitter for you too . There is a separate bath house just for the children to play in too . Bye NOW .

Date of stay: July 2016