“Wonderful hotel in Baden-Baden, but you should choose your rooms carefully to avoid disappoint­ments” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Belle Epoque

Hotel Belle Epoque
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

We had a great time in this hotel, in which you really feel like going back to the belle epoque. Woderful décor, attentive and welcoming staff and a great location, in a quiet street surrounded by 19th century villas and in walking distance to the main attractions.

The only issue is you have to choose your rooms carefully since they very tremendously, and you can end up in a adjacent modern building or in the 3rd floor, which is more like an attic. So this is my tip: you can´t miss if you choose a room in the first and second floors of the villa. Visit the hotels website and do all the virtual tours available. We got the rooms 115 and 123 and we had a wonderful time.

Finally, may I suggest the hotel direction more transparecy in the website about the junior suites, since there are subcategories (comfort, deluxe...), with different prices that are not shown, as well which suites are related to the different subcategories?

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank camicasp
BelleBad, Manager at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and your time to write on your impressions of you stay. Your information is very important to us as they help us to improve our services.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Oak Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Hard to imagine a hotel with better service than we had at Hotel Belle Epoque in Baden Baden earlier this month. Our first experience upon check-in was an upgrade to a corner room that was beyond charming. Every morning at breakfast and every afternoon at tea, the service was top notch. Their objective was making you happy and treating you like their guest -- and they succeeded. After the first day, we were like regulars. The gentleman who checked us in and always seemed to be there in the evening never asked for our room number when we left the hotel, he just got our key and said, "Enjoy your evening." Our room was wonderful with views of the town and the mountains. Hotel Belle Epoque is small and even calling it a boutique hotel seems like an injustice. The hotel is but a short walk to the city center for all restaurants, spas, shopping, and the casino. One odd thing we found though was that they could not make change for a 5 euro note at the front desk. But that was just one small thing. I would not hesitate to stay at the Belle Epoque in Baden Baden again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MP131
Thank you very much for your review. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in Baden-Baden!
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

As so many of the other reviews say, this hotel has it all. Wonderful rooms and common areas, a professional and attentive staff as well as beautiful surroundings in the middle of Baden Baden. If anything, I would appreciate separate heating for the bathroom as it tends to get cold if you sleep with the window open. I can recommend it to the most spoilt traveler and hope to retrun soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PFP
Thank you very much for your positive review and your recommendation. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in Baden-Baden!
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Beautiful hotel with authentic turn of the century French character. Very grand furnishing in communal areas but relatively small so felt comfortable. Extensive breakfast and afternoon tea spread (only possible negative comment about tea was that the complimentary red wine was corked). Staff were very professional and spoke perfect English. I would happily return here and recommend a stay if you like your hotel with unique character.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your approval as well as your positive review. We are pleased to hear, that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we would be glad to welcome you again in Baden-Baden!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

Baden - Baden was recommended to us by a lovely German friend. After reading great reviews of this property I booked and we were all thrilled. We had a family suite, children downstairs with their own ensuite and telly. It is old world charm.It was a wonderful stay and wished we stayed longer than two days. Baden-Baden offers so much. Belle Époque is in a great location. We adored the great and breakfast rooms. So fine. Breakfast was wonderful. The staff were very professional and attentive without being overbearing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BelleBad, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Belle Epoque, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Lausanne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

The Belle Epoque Hotel in Baden-Baden is a world of its own! Having spend several times at this fabulous Hotel i enjoyed every second of my stays.
First i would like to say that this is not a Hotel, it is more like... coming home to your favorite grandmothers house. It is very private and descent, if there would be no actual signs at the entrance gates I would have had never guessed that this is a Hotel.
The rooms are in a very traditional "Baden-Baden chic" and beautiful appointed in the smallest detail.
My favorite part of the Hotel is the "Tea-room" which features a open fire place and beautiful white wooden decors and one of the most beautiful porcelain chandolier`s i have ever seen. In addition this room has a glass exit door to the park which reflects an oasis of calmness and tranquility!
I do not even know how to express my opinion about the service as it is simply elegant, descent and personal!
It is truly a small leading hotel of the world if not the small leading Hotel of the world.
I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

For the life of me I cannot remember why I booked this hotel as I don't normally go as far down as 14th on tripadvisor when booking for a vacation. But I'm really glad I did. When I travel on business, I like everything to be where I expect it (I do about 130-150 night a year in Marriotts and Hiltons), but when I go on vacation, I like something out of the ordinary and this certainly was that. It started well when I parked up front in the rain and someone came out to hold an umbrella so I could get out of the car without getting wet!

I stayed in the art deco room on the second floor as a single person in a double room (I hate single beds). While it is on the second floor and there is no lift, they took my luggage up to the room and I had n trouble getting up there. It was nicely decorated and the bed was very very comfortable. While the bathroom was a bit small, it was fine.

I had a great night in Baden-Baden as there was a music festival on and the streets were busy and some live music in the pedestrian area. Even though it rained - I really enjoyed my time at the hotel and in the area.

I think this hotel gets a bum rating due to the person who wrote the duplicate complaints. I've complained to trip advisor and if you like this hotel - I suggest you do as well.

One other thing - if you are as poor at German as I am, you'll like this hotel - all the staff I spoke to spoke perfect english and did it without making me feel an idiot.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo