“Authentic Italian!”
Review of Osteria Stromboli

Osteria Stromboli
Ranked #4 of 244 Restaurants in Baden-Baden
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opening Time: Monday closed, Tuesday Evening open , Wednesday till Sunday Lunch and Dinner Time open.We are Italian, English and German speaking
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We dined here for lunch and were very happy. The wine was delicious, as was our appetizer of grilled veggies and our main course of homemade pasta with artichokes, pecorino and ricotta cheese. The service was incredibly friendly and efficient. We will definitely return!

2  Thank mollyrae

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been there on Christmas festive days. Hidden in a narrow street, this restaurant is one of the best Italian restaurant I 've ever been. Food was tasty and cooked with fresh ingredients. Prices very reasonable, about 20 Euros pro person with a beer. The waiter, a guy from Corfu, was very warm and the owners as well. At the end, please do not miss to take an aperitif, i.e. a drink called "limoncello". Also the espresso coffee mixed with grapa, an alcohol drink, was really an experience.
I strongly recommend this Italian Restaurant and its pastas once been in Baden Baden.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We've eaten here twice in the last fortnight with different family members and we enjoyed both meals very much. The atmosphere is very cosy and down to earth and the service is excellent - very friendly and helpful. We ate a variety of meals between us e.g. steak, fish, pizza, pasta, mozzerella salad, bruschetta and soup, and all meals were great. The squid starter was a bit large but that was our only complaint. My father especially enjoyed the Sicilian dessert (I think it was called Cassata Siciliana). The prices were reasonable in comparison to other Italian restaurants in the area. The pasta dishes and pizzas were especially good value. I will definitely return here when I stay in Baden-Baden again.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently visited Baden Baden and as the day came to an end we searched for a nice Italian restaurant. We came across Osteria Stromboli by accident; hidden on a side street. Unfortunately we were a bit early and they were not yet open. While we were reading the menu and looking in the window a women opened the door to say hello. As it turned out she was one of the owners. We explained that we were tired of the local food and we really wanted to have a nice Italian dinner. So she invited us in for a cup of coffee. We talked for a bit and then she offered to cook us a dinner! Her restaurant was not even open yet. She prepared spaghetti and mussels and we had wine, bread, and of course tiramisu for desert. The food was fresh and everything was delicious. Doris and her husband Guiseppe were the nicest people we had met. They opened their restaurant and their hearts. We highly recommend Osteria Stromboli for a great Italian dinner.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really wanted to like this restaurant. First, it is so highly rated on TA that it bothers me to be that out of sync with the group. Second, the owners seem like genuinely nice people and I wish I could have liked the food even 1/10 th as much as I liked them. Third, I was only in Baden Baden for 3 nights and I am very sorry I wasted one of my evenings on a poor restaurant. We had 4 dishes between the 2 of us. In recap, the salad was swimmingly overdressed, the minestrone soup was so over garlicked, it was truly the only flavor you could pick out, and the veal Marsala was a total mess, it was the first time in many restaurants of ordering this dish that I could truly not even eat it. It was ,unfortunately, absolutely awful. The pasta course, was edible, but memorable only in that it was the only dish we could actually eat. I have a tendency on this forum to pay more attention to the bad reviews than the good ones and in this case I would say that if you are at all picky, please pay attention to this review...this is a disappointing restaurant.

5  Thank alwayspacked