We had been told by our European friends that the Brenner's is "THE Celebrity Hotel in Baden Baden", and after seeing their website, we had rather lofty expectations. I won't say that the Brenner's isn't a beautiful hotel, because indeed it is. I won't say that the service was terrible, because it wasn't (although, as discussed below, it wasn't amazing either). At EUR 350 per night (for the least expensive room), it just wasn't as dazzling as I expected. Baden Baden is an expensive resort town, so you pay a premium to stay there, which is understandable. However, I have had larger, better appointed hotel rooms and more attentive service for less money in venues such as New York, Paris, London, Tokyo, and Brussels. Upon our arrival at the hotel, we were kept waiting for 15 minutes for a bellhop to come and retrieve our luggage from the sidewalk outside. OK - perhaps he was busy, but there didn't really seem to be that much activity at the time. And, to be frank, at other luxury hotels we have had people literally running to help us with our luggage immediately upon arrival. We needed to use the business centre which was closed - told them we only planned to be there for 5 minutes to quickly check e-mail, but were told we had to pay for a full hour - EUR 25. Our hotel room didn't have a bathtub - only a shower (nice soaps and shampoos, however). On the brighter side, the concierge was very helpful in making our transportation arrangements to our next destination. We didn't use the spa - might have had we been more impressed with the other accoutrements of the hotel, but decided against it as we thought we might be further disappointed. Not a bad hotel by any means, just not as impressive as we had expected. In the event that we visit Baden Baden again, we will likely stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect combination between urban lifestyle and pastoral idyll. Enchant yourself by the piano player in our private park and savor the culinary delights in one of our restaurants - give yourself time to breathe and to enjoy. The most impressive and innovative new destination spa "Villa Stephanie" opened January 2015 on the grounds of Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Baden-Baden - the flagship property of the Oetker Collection. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brenners Park Hotel Baden-Baden
- Brenners Park-Hotel And Spa
- Brenner's Park Baden Baden
- Brenners Park Baden