“Delicious Tapas!”

Monte Christo Tapas Bar
Ranked #6 of 244 Restaurants in Baden-Baden
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Offnungszeiten Tapas Bar Di.-Sa. 18-1 Uhr So.+Mo. Ruhetag (Jeden ersten Sonntag im Monat Paella Abend)
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This was one of the best tapas bars that I've been to in Germany. They had some traditional tapas, and some more inventive ones (using Spanish ingredients in a way that I haven't seen in Spain: i.e. jamon, manchego and pesto grilled in a flat bread). The staff was friendly and the service was quick. The red wines by the glass were affordable and delicious. If you're looking for something a bit different than the traditional German cuisine, look no further, but be sure to make a reservation!

1  Thank mollyrae

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This Tapas restaurant has relatively large portions for a Tapas bar. There were many wines by the glass. I do recommend that you book early. Besides the tables - which were all full when I was there, there are about 4 places at the bar itself. So, it does fill up, so probably best to book ahead.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

A hidden Gem.

Wide selection of tasty Tapases, and a very nice and cozy atmosphere, and the service was great! You couldn't tell that the you're in Geramny and not Spain. I just think of it and I start to drool...

Reviewed September 21, 2011

A huge selection of Tapas, some made in house. Very tasty with great friendly service

Reviewed April 9, 2011

We were visiting Baden Baden during a two week trip and were very tired of traditional German food. I spotted this place while we were driving and we decided to try it. It ended up being one of the best meals of our vacation. The menu was in Spanish and German and being familiar with Spanish food, it was very easy for us to order. I asked about sangria, which they did not have, but had their own handmade wine version and it was spectacular! All the plates were very traditional and the portions were quiet large. We only ordered 5 dishes for two of us. We had the dates wrapped in bacon, the patas bravas, the chicken skewers, the meatballs, the spinach and the chorizo. All the food was amazing. The service was very good, but a little slow. There was only one waitress for the very busy restaurant. The prices were very reasonable only 40 Euros for everything. It was excellent and I would highly recommend it!

1  Thank CrashRabbit