“Kind and understanding staff”

Aqua Aurelia Suitenhotel
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Brooklyn, New York
“Kind and understanding staff”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Had a disastrous trip to Gaggenau. I came in the hotel door scared and crying with my 3 year old daughter. I don't speak any German. The receptionist Babbette was wonderful. She helped me park, get to my room and call my husband back home. She helped me with contacting my airline and gave me detailed directions back to the Frankfurt airport. I stayed two nights while waiting to go home. During that time I felt welcome, safe and relaxed. The staff brought me milk for my daughter at bedtime. I am a young mother who was unexpectedly alone with my small child and the hotel staff were like angles.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
london
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed there with my family for one night in a junior suite. We had an excellent experience all round. The reception staff were very friendly and served us coffee and cake while we waited for the room to become available. They also guided us to the right places and restaurants in the city. The suite was very nice, clean with very comfortable beds. The location is superb with easy access to the thermal baths. Breakfast on Sunday was also excellent and the service friendly and efficient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Baden-Baden.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank calvin40
Western Finland, Finland
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

The Aqua Aurelia hotel was a fantastic 4 night stay right in the heart of Baden-Baden.The check in was a little complicated because the receptionist was confused but were offered welcomed drinks as we waited for awhile .We were amazed at the size and cleanliness of the suites, the decor, the terrace and view of the famous Caracalla thermal spa right across the back courtyard. This was a perfect place to relax and enjoy the heart of Baden-Baden for 4 nights.Breakfast was breathtaking with a variety of freshly made eggs and a appetizing buffet.The customer service was OKAY felt a little disappointed by how the stuff took more concern care to the Russian guests than we the other non Russian guests but we honestly have to say the most welcoming staff was the girl from Africa Kenya who made our stay so pleasant with her warm smile and always made sure we felt welcomed not just us but also other guests too,if you are ever in this hotel hope she's around because she is indeed the most friendliest of them all.Do note that the hotel is directly next to a school, so there were lots of screaming kids right outside the window during breaks throughout the school day. Otherwise, I cannot complain one bit about this hotel. The rooms were a great deal for what you get in return.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank 1234Al
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for one weekend night. The hotel is located within walking distance (few hundred yards) of the main shopping district and next to the main spa and natural hot springs. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the on-duty manager. Our room was not ready yet as we arrived fairly early in the day. She gave us some wonderful recommendations on sights to see, to include a special art exhibition at the Frieder-Burda-Museum in town, which was fabulous! It had just started to rain and we were provided courtesy umbrellas by the front desk staff as we chose do venture out despite the weather. Our room was very spacious, modern and clean. Heated floor in the bathroom and big panorama windows with a view of the historic bath. Breakfast was plentiful and left nothing to be desired. We would gladly visit again when in Baden-Baden.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tom P
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Lovely hotel in a great location. The hotel's parking garage is connected to the spa, which is super convenient. However, it's a bit awkward if you want to walk to the spa in your bathroom given that you're still walking through an underground parking garage. The rooms were very spacious, clean, modern, and well-decorated. The views were lovely. Breakfast was awesome, too. My only complaint, and it was a huge complaint, was the in-hotel massage service. The guy who did my massage was incredibly unprofessional. Among other things, he kept removing the towel that was meant to cover my more private areas. He told me that I was being too sensitive. I asked for a Swedish massage, but that's not what I got. I finally asked him to leave. When he left, I noticed that he had taken the complimentary bottle of water with him! The next morning, I told the hotel about my terrible experience and they simply offered me another bottle of water. Somehow, they missed the point. I would certainly stay at the hotel again, but I would NOT recommend the in-hotel massage, which is contracted out to a company outside of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cecelia C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here three nights. The room is huge with a great bathroom with spa bath and shower, separate living room which can be closed off from the bedroom and a very comfortable bed. The hotel is well located, only 100m or so from the main shopping street. Nothing was too difficult for the staff. If I have the good fortune to be back to this gorgeous little town I will stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed only one night for about 215EU as part of a spa visit. We received a great room/suite with complimentary wine and water. The room was modern, clean, spacious, and included some nice views onto the main tree lined street. The bed was comfortable and we had a very restful night's sleep (visiting the neighborhood spas didn't hurt from that stanpoint either). We had a nice breakfast at 16EU each, includling a small buffet and eggs to order.

The best part of this hotel is the proximity to the old town and the thermal spas.

The reception desk was quite small and the folks working there were helpful when we needed directions to a restaurant, but perhaps a little curt when we checked in. We couldn't find a sign for the hotel parking, so that might be something the hotel management could consider addressing in order to avoid confusion.

The only other comment was our surprise at the the ratio of Russian TV channels to anything else. Surprisingly not many options for English or French guests, but a Russian guest would have found countless TV channels to enjoy! I guess this says something about the number of Russian tourists visiting Baded-Baden.

Overall, nice hotel and would definitely consider a return visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple