“Great location, rooms and amenities!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Aurelia Suitenhotel

Aqua Aurelia Suitenhotel
Ranked #12 of 50 Hotels in Baden-Baden
Milwaukee
“Great location, rooms and amenities!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel deserves every one of its 5 stars - from the second you arrive, you'll be treated like royalty. First off, it's literally steps from the baths as well as all of the city center restaurants and shops. Second, they have their own secure garage which is only slightly more expensive than the public garages. Third, your arrival will be celebrated with a free glass of champagne!

And this is all before you get to your room...ours was massive, with a sitting area, king sized bed, walk in closet, gorgeous bathroom and an array of controls next to the bed. There are roll down metal shades to block all noise and light, ensuring a restful sleep. There are also complimentary bottles of wine and mineral water as well as free wifi.

When you're on a spa holiday, you want to be pampered and this hotel will do that. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovewine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights in Baden Baden and this hotel was excellent. We had a great view of the baths and the room was beautiful. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful too. We got towels and a discount to the Caravella baths. They give you a discount card because you pay a visitors tax so be sure to look for it. I rode the hop on hop off train and used it there. This hotel was in walking distance to everything and right on the bus line. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the food. They did have a coffee pot in the room. I did read the other posts about the lights and thought it was funny until I tried to operate them. I was constantly turning off and on all the lights. I guess if I knew even a little German it would help because they were labeled but I couldn't read it. The others great thing was that on the light panel there were outside shutters that lowered and the room was so dark for sleeping. It took us a while to figure it out but it was great. This was the best hotel we have stayed in and have been traveling Europe a lot lately. Oh yea, they had umbrellas for use and I needed one every day. Nice.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn N
Nontron, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

This is a fine hotel in a great situation and connected to the main Baths (Caracalla). Excellent breakfasts (tho' the order for hot food can get mixed up!) and helpful staff. If you want quiet, insist on Caracalla view, - the other suites face a busy street. The suites vary tremendously in size. A junior suite is just the bedroom plus a couple of extra chairs: the more expensive suites are more spacious and some have 2 rooms.

Room Tip: see comments above
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sterling, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Aqua Aurelia provides a spacious room, free WiFi that has good speed and reliability, and a fantastic location in Baden-Baden. Parking is available, and although they charge 15 Euros a night for it, it is cheaper than most other hotels and lots in the area. The desk clerks are helpful during the day, and they provide towels and bags if you need them for a trip to a spa. The bed was large (2 twins pushed together I think) and comfortable. Flat screen TV's are in the room, and they have HDMI inputs available if that is important to you. No fitness center is on the premises, but nearby such centers are available.

Why 2 stars, then? Shortly after our return home, we would have given this property 5 stars. But after being home for two weeks, we received our final bill in the mail (we had checked out of the hotel at 7am to catch our flight home, and no checkout clerk was available, only the night watchman, which in of itself is a little odd. We were told to leave our street address and provide a copy of our credit card, which we did, and that charges and an explanation would be mailed to us). On the final receipt, we discovered that we had been charged 16 Euros per person, per day, for breakfast at the hotel, which we never purchased nor consumed, totaling 192 Euros (about $250). Easy remedy, we thought--just call the hotel and explain, which we did. The first person couldn't help us-- we were told to call back. After calling back, we were told that the charges would be reversed. Again, everything seemed fine...

At 3 a.m. two nights later, I got a call from Germany. I was told that on our next stay at Aqua Aurelia, we'd get breakfast included. In my sleepy state, I said "Great! Thank you!", thinking that this was a gesture of apology for the mix-up. Just before hanging up, I thankfully had the frame of mind to double-check if they still had reversed our charges... and no! In fact, the reason for the call was to inform me that the charges would not be reversed to my credit card, and that the only way to get my money "back" was to stay at the hotel again and just eat the breakfast. So I explained to the caller that I would inform my credit card company about fraudulent charges and to deny the charges. Finally, at that point of threatening action, I was told that they would reverse the charges.

In summary- a very nice hotel, great location, large room, nice amenities, but some sticky-fingered management. I hope that this review helps the managers at Aqua Aurelia realize that this type of fraudulent billing will not be tolerated by guests.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank kennamy
Landen, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

While most European hotel rooms are small, the rooms in the Aqua Aurelius are huge. We stayed in the Grand Suite with a completely separate living room, bedroom, and very large bathroom. The accommodations were clean, modern, and the beds were very comfortable.

The service was tremendous ... Anything we requested for the room was brought in less than 5 minutes, and everyone was very helpful and friendly.

We enjoyed the easy access to the Caracalla spa ....it is via underground garage access...and easy to find if you follow the signs. The hotel provides robes and towels, as well as the ability to purchase the tickets at the front desk. You get a free extra hour for being a guest of the hotel.

My only nit is that the lights are difficult to work if you don't read German....they run on a complicated set of switches labeled only in German.

You will greatly enjoy our stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank travelfoolIndiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I loved this hotel and city so much that I stayed twice in less than two weeks. Our first trip was two days in length and absolutely perfect. The front desk staff greeted us warmly with prosecco and sparking water. Check in was painless and informative. For both of our stays we had a huge room with comfortable beds and pillows. I especially loved the heated bathroom floor and reasonably priced mini bar. During the second stay the mini-bar didn't have a beer that I enjoyed. I made the short walk to the real bar where the attendant graciously gave me the drink I was looking for. When I went to give her my room number she said, "No problem sir, I know what room you are in." This is the level of service that we got during the entire stay...I NEVER had to tell them who I was. The hotel is also a very short walking distance from two of the thermal baths. Both you can walk to via the parking garage or nice path. Ohh..I almost forgot about the breakfast. The first trip, the charge was included in the room; however, they said they would remove it if we didn't eat. The second stay they gave us the meal free for booking with them. DO NOT be tempted to skip this meal. The food is superb and all inclusive. They had everything from fresh squeezed juices to prosecco. It is so worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gdansk, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Our first experience in B.B. was great . Firstly we decided to oversleep there and continue our trip, but we liked this hotel and whole climat of B.B. that we extended it for 3 days :)
And on our trip from Museum Lalique we stayed one more extra night. Great comfort , spacious suites . Especially the superior and deluxe suites are worth recomending. The famous B.B. Therme is conected to the hotel with a tunnel , a little bit windy , but still it's reachable in swimming suite in Fall/Winter time :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family