“real restaurant opposite tourist bier keller”
Review of La Casserole

La Casserole
Ranked #9 of 227 Restaurants in Baden-Baden
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
orpington kent
“real restaurant opposite tourist bier keller”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We loved this place sitting outside on the pavement watching the many passing tourists and Baden Baden hoipolloi, some one with their dogs on leads, waitng for our delicious freshly cooked french inspired food.
I had an amazing tomato salad to start and some great tasting duck. Lovely wine and hospitality and would really recommend.

• Visited August 2012

• Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I went for dinner here and I was pleasantly surprised at what amazing quality the food was! I had a greek salad and it was by far my favourite greek salad that I have ever eaten. My husband had the rocket salad and absolutely adored it! Our entree's were also very tasty, I had the house chicken (I cannot remember the name exactly) and hubby had a steak and both were delightful! We were so happy to have eaten here. Baden Baden has many amazing restaurants so we were glad that we stumbled upon this place! Très bien!!

• Visited May 2012
Ripon, Wisconsin
“Excellent and Charming”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

La Casserole (“A little bit of Alsace in Baden-Baden”) is located on Gersnbacher Strasse, a short walk from the baths. It is run by two delightful women who reminded us just a little of Laverne and Shirley.

The food was very French and very good: bier, dry white wine, sparkling water, duck liver paté, goat cheese salad, tiny smelt prepared a la Francais, frog legs,quiche
Lorraine, and for desert, plum ice cream soaked with liqueur.

We ate al fresco on the terrace in front of the restaurant -- a nice spot for people-watching.

• Visited September 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Do not miss this!”
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We visited this restaurant in September 2010 during a 2 day trip to Baden Baden. It looked like a very traditional little cafe from the outside but I'm so glad we went in! We had no reservation but were given the best table in the house looking out on the square. This is probably one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. Starters were frogs legs and traditional German tart with duck and lamb for main courses. It took us about an hour just to get through the main because it was so delicious you wanted to savour every mouthful. The lady who greeted us was really lovely and freindly and the atmosphere was nicely relaxed. I would go back to Baden Baden just to eat here!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Clodagh M
Brit in France
“un coin de France en Allemagne”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The owner is from Alsace. The food is based on eastern Franc especialities. We had lunch. The Flamenkuchen were excellent. It was nice not to struggle with German ;) (generally English is widely spoken in Baden Baden)

Visited January 2012