“Nice venue with outdoor seating”

Wallstreet im Hamilton
Ranked #32 of 231 Restaurants in Baden-Baden
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
“Nice venue with outdoor seating”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a nice place to get a break from exploring the town or meeting up for evening drinks. Drinks are diverse and reasonably priced, in line with similar venues nearby. The food menu features bar-style items including some regional and seasonal specials. Food is a little pricey for the quality provided - consider nearby "Leo's" for a better bar-style dining experience. I've happily been here on several occasions, although on my latest visit the service was pretty poor: it took them about half an hour to notice our table of 3 and take drink orders. The waiter, while apologizing for the delay, was rather un-attentive through-out.
This place is located centrally in walking distance to most major attractions in Baden-Baden. It is nicely secluded from the busy pedestrian zone, in a half-open court yard. It's best feature is a nice outside deck-style seating area with comfortable chairs and loungers. There are plenty of sun umbrellas to get some shade in the summer, as well as blankets and heating units for chillier evenings.

• Visited May 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Mackenbach, Germany
“Brilliant Meal”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous last meal for 2013 in this very cozy restaurant. We felt the prices were reasonable-compared to other restaurants in the area! We also felt right at home as it was such a relaxed atmosphere, and our waiter was the best!

• Visited December 2013
“Relaxing”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were tired from walking the old town area and desired outdoor dining since the weather was beautiful. Many of the outdoor seating restaurants pack the patrons in very tightly. We found this place attractive because it provided a little space between tables and was situated in a very scenic part of town. The waiter was courteous and professional. Nachos in Germany are not at all like nachos in the U.S. However, they provided our daily dose of salt to accompany the delicious German beer and my wife's cocktail. The menu was varied, fairly priced, and the offerings came with a pleasant presentation. We'd go back.

• Visited September 2013
Balcombe
“Nice spot”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This cafe is situated just over from the kurhaus. There was plenty of welcome shade. Quite a limited menu, and pricey for what it is. The staff were pleasant and service whilst not fast was acceptable.

Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,002 helpful votes
“Huge outdoor restaurant”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This restaurant looked rather inviting with a large outdoor seating area. The menu was vast! You could have ordered anything your heart desired. You could order any drink, hot or cold, and with or without alcohol. There were really interesting desserts for those with a sweet tooth. For example, brownies and ice cream with whip cream. The photo of it looked mouth-watering. I think that dessert was named “Alabama heart attack!" I toyed with the idea of ordering it, but I had to have real food for lunch! Kids had their own menu. The prices were very fair. The waiters & waitresses were very nice.
I had a club sandwich, which was very big and tasty. We also had apple cake with strong coffee. We could not complain there.

However, the service was not that good. The staff had bright smiles, but it took a while for us to get the club sandwich. My friend had already finished his dessert then. I noticed that some people who were already there when we arrived had still not received their food when we were finishing ours. I think the fact that the place was so large made it difficult to keep it all straight?? That should not be an excuse. They had plenty of business and could have planned to be a bit more organized.

However, I left the place with a good feeling.

• Visited June 2013