“The Best Restaurants”

Badener Weinkeller anno 1864
Ranked #51 of 252 Restaurants in Baden-Baden
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For over 40 years they get at us traditional Baden cuisine, no frills . Whether homemade mouth Replace or our known bugs Auer chicken to fish or meat dishes , with us coming every palate at his expense . Our food we refer exclusively fresh from select regional producers
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I were happy at this restaurant where we found a warm welcome from the owners of the restaurant and the food was delicious, which I wished to ask another dish. I will visit the restaurant on my next trip to Baden-Baden.
God help them.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed in Baden Baden for business for 6 days, we loved this resteraunt (and the staff) so much that we went 4 times! The food was excellent! The wait staff spoke English and were a lot of fun. My favorite was the Potatoe soup and Filet Mignon, but the beef stew with Aptzle was just as excellent. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu here.

1  Thank Yherrmann
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is one of those affairs travellers know exist at their chosen destination but are elusive and where you will only end up if the gods smile at you very benevolently indeed. It isn’t cheap. A meal for three can easily set you back £180.00 / $240.00 (April 2013) but it’s even worth saving up for and going there at least once.
The food is mainly regional (try the white asparagus in season or rumpsteak [careful: German rumpsteak is what is known as sirloin in the UK] – both cooked to perfection). The wine list isn’t the longest you might have seen but can satisfy any discerning palate.
What is more, staff has this special talent that you cannot learn but have to be born with - to make you feel as if you had known them for 20 years after just 5 minutes.

1  Thank Peterbilt_Wanderer
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were walking about and found this restaurant. We had a fabulous meal. My husband had pork checks and I had great schnitzel and pomme frittes. We had some kind of dessert pizza that I can't even pronounce. The service was good. We tried to go back on Friday and they were booked. I suggest a reservation.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

The Badener Weinkeller is located in the middle of the city. It is a very traditional Bistro and wine restaurant. The prices are very ok, especially in this sophisticated city. Baden-baden is expensive and you will meet a lot of old and old-fashioned people. Taking this into account, the Badener Weinkeller is traditional, but not old fashioned. You will get very good chicken and hand-made filled noodles (Maultaschen) for 15 €. Also the wine, the Riesling. Also the creme brulee is excellent. In sum, for Baden-Baden, a good cost-benefit ratio.

1  Thank Sandgarnele