“"Can we give this place 10 stars?"”

Restaurant Sterntaler
Ranked #14 of 227 Restaurants in Baden-Baden
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Boston
“"Can we give this place 10 stars?"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

Although the first course was sublime, once Rachel's "oh my gods" neared engagement level -- after taking a couple bites of her scallops over spaghetti -- it was clear that this was truly an exceptional meal.

My lamb and spaetzle was ridiculous. As in ridiculously good. Sitting here back in the states thinking about whatever I am soon to prepare for dinner, I wish I could transport back to Baden Baden to the quite, quaint Restaurant Sterntaler ...

One of the most delectable soups in memory: a beef base with noodle strips of crepe-like pancakes. Never had anything like it before, but I would like to have it again!

Dessert -- warm apple cakes, much like mulled cider donuts filled with apples, standing by vanilla ice cream and fresh fruit ... two mousses, one chocolate and one vanilla, finished with fresh fruit.

The service was exceptional, too, by the way.

Wondered Rachel: "Can we give this place 10 stars?"

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank MillerWordScore

• Arabic first
UK
“Little Gem tuked away in Baden-Baden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2008

This restaurant is the in house restaurant at the Merkur Hotel in Baden-Baden. We came across it after a recent stay at the hotel.

It was open Tuesday to Sunday for dinner and what a dinner it was.

This quiet restaurant must be able to seat about 40-50 people. However when I was in with a group of friends there was only ten of us maximum in the place.

The extensive menu of Seafood, Meat and Vegetarian dishes meant that no member of my party had any problems in choosing. I had the Tomato soup with a gin cream which was delicious. Followed by Pork medallions with Spatzle, which is like a local pasta. Then Creme Brulee for desert. Not one member of our group had a bad meal and the portion sizes were on the large side. The waitress spoke limited english however this didn't cause us any problems. They even will let you change side dishes etc if the side dish on the meal you choose is not to you liking. Something that is allowed restaurants less and less nowadays.

The hotels wine list was not extensive however they had something to suit all pallets with the wine averaging 25 Euro. The house white was dry but not acidic. In-fact it was a very smooth drink.

The total for a group of 8 having 3 courses and wine was about 45 euro per person.

2 Thank Freflyler