“Fantastic food”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good quality food, fresh and lovely surroundings, typically french and nice atmosphere

Reviewed April 6, 2012

I wish I could dine here every week! The food is always fresh and carefully prepared, everything I tried was delicious, especially the fish. The atmosphere is pleasant and relaxing and the personal is very friendly, always joking. Prices are moderate, is not a cheap restaurant but the experience is excellent.
I stood in Valence for a while and I saw that the restaurant it is always full so is better to book before going there.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

This restaurant was recomended to me by at least three of my French colleagues. Fabulous food with a terrific courtyard atmosphere. A memorable experience.

Reviewed August 21, 2011

Excellent food, great location, good service. Not cheap but not terribly expensive. Well worth the money.

Reviewed June 16, 2011

We spotted this place in the old quarter of Valence on a walk at lunchtime, it was extremely busy then, so we decided to book a table. The waiter who helped us spoke good English and humoured our attempt at speaking French, he recognised the Everton shirt and liked the fact he knew one of our French players. On returning to the restaurant at 8 0'clock that evening, it was a lot quieter outside, were we had been reserved a table at the fountain dedicated to the time of Napoleon Bonaparte. The restaurant did get very busy later on as continental eating seems to occur a lot later then in England.

We were given a menu in English (to help us translate) and we ordered, a beef steak and cod as a main. After indulging in a number of 3-4 course set menus over the last few days we decided to just pick a main. The price of the mains was around 15 Euros (with the set menu of 3 courses being 26-30 Euros) and was delicious, the steak was huge and was cooked exactly how my partner likes it, the Fish was on a bed of spinach ravioli filled with cheese and was beautiful. Despite knowing I had eaten too much already on the holiday, I could not resist the profiteroles (a vice of mine, especially the ones within this region of France). I had discovered them further north in Tournon and could not resist getting them again, please try them especially if you love chocolate and profiteroles. My other half said his crème caramel was good to. We had a midi bottle of wine as we knew we were going back to the hotel to crack open a recently purchased bottle from a winery we had had a tasting with that morning. The bottle of wine was cheap, as is most wine in France, especially along the Rhone Valley. Sitting outside adds a different dimension to eating and it was a really lovely atmosphere, I would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank nmwells