“good hotel with friendly staff”

Best Western Plus Clos Syrah
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Valence
Oudenaarde
“good hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

on our passage to the South of France we stayed at this hotel. Nice room (superior room with jets in the bath) with terras overlooking the pool. Friendly staff, good restaurant, safe parking space. All one could desire on passing through or business trip. Next time we will take the same hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with the pool view. It will be quieter then the front.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SamV797
yves r, Directeur général at Best Western Plus Clos Syrah, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear guest,

I thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

We appreciate your comments about our hotel and we looking forward to welcoming you again at the Best Western Clos Syrah.

With my best regards,

Yves Ruspeler
General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
England
Reviewed June 20, 2014

On arrival, we were given safe parking for our Harley Davidson and shown to our room - this was very well furnished, in very good clean condition and reasonably sized. We were not hungry enough for a full evening meal so the chef prepared a meat and cheese platter for the two of us - simply delicious and beautifully presented. In the morning, we decided not to have breakfast as we wanted an early start and weren't very hungry anyway but the owner insisted that we had a complimentary cup of coffee. We found the owner and staff very hospitable and pleasant and will certainly return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Italy
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

One night stay for business reasons.
Very good location close to highway but in a secluded place with many rooms overlooking the internal garden with pool.
Very warm and efficient welcome, in general serice is really kind and supportive at reception and restaurant.
Nice, clean room with everything in good shape.
Only drawback, breakfast selection has to be improved to be in line with the rest of the services provided.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Neuchatel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Spent a night here with my wife and enjoyed the personal service. Rooms are of good quality with beautiful (completely new) bathrooms. Very convenient to the highway - easy "off and on" when traveling. The breakfast is OK but could be a bit more generous... The owner of the hotel took a particular interest to ensure that everything was perfect - always a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing "in" towards the pool - it will have less road noise...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Neuchatel_traveller
Winchester
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We were in a ground floor room with terrace overlooking the pleasant garden and pool. There is plenty of offroad secure parking. It is very near the autoroute so if the door is open you can hear the traffic in the distance. The bed was comfortable and bathroom fine. However what made this a worthwhile stay was the excellent food at very reasonable prices. The most expensive menu was the gourmet menu for 32 euros. The fillet steak was perfectly cooked with a fresh pepper sauce around it rather than smothering it. I had beautifully griddled scallops. The breakfast was a buffet breakfast and included boiled eggs and lovely pastries. The only downside was the coffee at breakfast which you helped yourself to from a machine-it was not worth drinking! The coffee at dinner was clearly made elsewhere and was delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at Clos Syrah on our way back from the Cote D'Azur just for an overnight stop. I had my reservations as I don't like mid to low level chain hotels, and normally I'd rather avoid them like measles, however I read some really good reviews and decided to trust Trip, its never let me down yet! Oh thank God I did! We had spent 5 days in Antibes in a self catering house in the old town, and what I can only describe as a camping experience with a roof and brick walls. To say the place was basic and not very clean was an understatement. So when we arrived at Clos, to a clean, large room with our own terrace overlooking a garden, clean white cotton bedding and towels, I was so relieved. After my Antibes experience it was pure luxury. We arrived late, but the duty manager (I'm guessing as he was so good) arranged to have two plates of food done for us despite the kitchen being closed, a gorgeous platter with all sorts of tasty morsals on it with lovely bread, and some wine, that we relished. It really was lovely. I learnt the next day from the charming young man on reception that they called it an 'English platter'. How lovely! The customer service was excellent. We had the best nights sleep. Breakfast was lovely the next morning, which comprised of a buffet, one of the nicest breakfasts we have had since we have been in France, and we have paid extortionate amounts for a pathetic continental in many places. The hotel has free wifi so I was able to catch up with business emails prior to our departure for the next leg of our journey back to Calais. My one criticism was of the shower, which I had to hold by hand to wash my hair and shower with, as the wall bracket didn't accommodate the attachment well, sprouting water everywhere but at me. But to be honest everything else was so good that that was a small issue. The room was spotless too, I have seen other reviews that state otherwise just before I began this review of my stay, but I cannot fault the cleanliness.

We were travelling with my elderly mum, and my pooch. My mum was so relieved to stay somewhere nice after the Anitbes experience, and the hotel was very accommodating with Henry who was allowed in the restaurant both in the evening and for breakfast, and we were not charged for him either, another rare experience, as most places add on another charge for the privilege.

I'm giving this an excellent rating based on the customer service. The rooms are not glamorous 5* luxury, they are executive and comfortable and provide a nice stopover, but the hotel was managed brilliantly and the the staff were outstanding. If the owner of this establishment reads this I would just like to say that you're team are excellent and do you proud.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank woodpa
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The room are good size and recently renovated. The television is good and has lots of channels. The air conditioning works well. The breakfast consists of a huge and satisfying buffet. The big disadvantage of the hotel is the lack of cleanliness: The toilet was dirty, there were plenty of hairs in the shower. It is so disgusting that you don’t want to take a shower. My advice: I you look for a clean hotel, stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank travellerparis11
yves r, General Manager at Best Western Plus Clos Syrah, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I thank you for taking the time to share the experience you have had at Best Western Clos Syrah during your last stay.

We pride ourselves in offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope you will give the opportunity to better serve you in the near future and to offer you our undivided attention.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again at Best Western Clos Syrah.

With my best regards,