This was our second visit to this lovely resort and great hotel (we have a policy of not returning to a resort as we're always looking for new experiences), yet we made an exception and returned to the Tsanteleina because it was so good the first time round. Sadly, the general manager, Francios had passed away the month before we arrived in a car crash, but the remaning staff were as helpful and charming as the first visit.
It's difficult to find fault with this hotel, however, there are one or two things you should look out for:
There's no bottled water in the rooms which means a trip to the local Spar to stock up.
Trying to get a coffee or tea delivered in the morning via room service is almost impossible and there're no tea or coffee supplies in the room.
Other than those two minor gripes, the rest is superb, in particular the bar area and the spa/steam room/swimming pool/sauna. The restaurant for evening meals is top class and saves one from having to traipse all over the village trying to find somewhere to eat.
There was unanimous agreement from all in our party that this was certainly our best ski holiday so far (out of 8 trips) and it was largely down to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LE TSANTELEINA, HOTEL & SPA Indulge yourselves in the heart of Val d'Isere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Tsanteleina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsanteleina Hotel Val d Isère
- Tsanteleina Hotel France/Savoie