“Location Great-interesting experience!”

Hotel Le Parc
Hotel Le Parc
Ranked #36 of 39 Hotels in Val d'Isere
Reviewed February 3, 2014

On a positive-The location is great-right in the main street-opposite bus stop and short walk from all from the slopes.Right in the heart of the shops and restaurants which was great as you would want to get out of this place.It was also reasonable value in an otherwise expensive resort..However at times I felt I was staying in a convent boarding school.It is run by two elderly ladies who don't have much English(our problem was we understood French!)
The place is really in need of renovation-On arrival we had to ask for the bathroom to be cleaned again as it smelt of vomit.It is run down and really needs some money to be spent on it.
I was skiing with some girlfriends and our teenage daughters-each morning we felt we were being chastised for various things-the untidiness of the girls' rooms-(we told them not to worry about cleaning but they took photos and complained to us)a cut finger accidentally got some blood on the sheets which received a note about and we were told we could not have a drink in the small restaurant/lobby/entrance area before we went out.We really did have a giggle at all of this but would not go back by choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Lyn932
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Parc

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Le Parc hotel in Val D'isere is basic and a little old fashioned in it's decor BUT we loved it!

Pro: - Great location, it's a short walk from the bus station if you get a transfer from Geneva like us. It's a short walk to the lifts, it's an even shorter walk to where all the cool bars are and restaurants.

- The room is spacious - we did have a delux one and it was large, i'd say double the size of my catered chalet room in france last year. It has a fab balcony, flat screen tv, separate toilet, two wardrobes and two decent size beds. No problem with hot water.

- The staff: They are so sweet and happy! If you don't speak any French i would try to learn some of the basics though as their English is minimal, but if you make an effort, they are more than willing to try too! I had a bug one day and the cleaners were very helpful, getting me stomach tablets and coming to our room much later to give it a clean.

- Value for money: Given you're right in the middle of Val at the cheapest prices in town, it's really not a bad deal. You get what you pay for, so those people moaning about decor, I would just say, don't go for the cheapest hotel on the block. I've stayed at many different levels of hotel, but mainly when skiing I'd say the accommodation is always pretty basic unless you're willing to pay double, so if you want something nice and modern, then this will not be the place for you. If you're on a budget, need to go during mid week like us and need something central, this is great.

- Boot room: large right in the entrance and pretty handy!

- Breakfast: home made croissants - yum!

Cons: - My one gripe would be that there is only one hairdryer for the whole hotel, so as a girl a bit annoying, however just take your own and if you know to do this, then it's not a problem.

- Most people say it could do with an uplift - I liked the decor, it was a bit 60s, but this is not a major con for me as it was cheap, so you can decide for yourself.

- I would have liked a hot option at breakfast, like scrambled eggs or at least the boiled egg to be hot in the morning but i'm really grabbing at straws.

For average skiers - there is a great red run into town Plan M, you can even ski down through town to the roundabout making the walk back a couple of minutes. Santos the blue run would have been great in the morning but too much snow on this run, makes it very mogally with lots of scared newbie skiers on there, then a long flat to kill those arms off at the end of the day, not fun! My personal opinion and tip, do the red or take the bubble down.

Room Tip: I would pay a little more for the superior room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank travela_9
Reviewed January 25, 2011

It's the service that makes this hotel special, mainly the woman who runs breakfast - you wish she was your Grandma! We were vthere with 12 friends for my husband's birthday, and as soon as she found out she baked him a cake for breakfast! Her friendly wave and 'bonne journee' made a great start to every day.

Yes the hotel could do with a renovation but it's clean, rooms are big, all of ours had balconies and the location is perfect right in the centre of town. And if you're skiing you're hardly there anyway!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ilovetravel16
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I don't know how anyone could rate this hotel above average. It is so old, dark and crusty - it was clean but the place is such a dump that it almost doesn't matter. A chair in the hallway on my floor had been patched up with duct tape...that pretty much sums up this place. Prices in Val d'Isere must be high for this place to be able to charge as much as it does (I did not choose the hotel); on the face of it the price seems very high for what you get. If you have any sort of aesthetic sensibility at all you will not like this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2010
Reviewed January 12, 2009

Again, a good trip to this hotel.

Very friendly staff (although very limited English speaking available), super fast check-in. Very clean hotel. Secure boot room available.

Breakfast limited, although packed lunches can be supplied if asked.

Whilst the hotel does need some modernisation, this is not going to spoil your stay. Accomodation is fit for couples away for a short break, singles away for a boozy weekend.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank winchesterbred
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I was surprised to read negative reviews on Hotel Le Park. The location is the best in Val d'Isere and the hotel is maintained very well and is clean. Yes, the rooms are small (bathrooms are large) but for my Dad and I, it was fine. The breakfast is a very nice light breakfast with great coffee, eggs(if you want), juice, yogurt and a fresh croissant. The hotel is old but clean. The owner and manager, Annie is a very nice lady and does not speak any English. I don't speak French but we have fun struggling talking to each other. And by the way I have encountered on a couple of occasions, very rude and impatient customers. Relax, Val d'Isere is all about fun and I highly recommend this hotel for your ski trip. I have stayed here for five ski trips.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank davistino
Reviewed June 4, 2008

I am a frequent Marriott guest and have stayed at many all over teh world. This Marriott was very clean, however I found the employees very cold towards us. There is no real lobby and I felt like they were giving us the stink eye everytime we came and went. I also found myself waiting in line for everything. For instance you check in at the "front desk" you have to get your keys from the conceirge who is 3 feet away and there was a line. So I had to wait in two lines just to check in. In addition the airconditioning does not work. It is in a decent location as far as getting to metro stops. The room is small but that is to be expected in Europe. The bathroom was modern and in good condition.

Stayed: May 2008