“Like a scene from Kitchen Nightmares”
Review of Chez Nano

Chez Nano
Ranked #66 of 98 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Cuisines: Italian, French, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Oslo, Norway
“Like a scene from Kitchen Nightmares”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Five adults dropped in for dinner on a busy night -- so busy, in fact, it was clear management was losing control. Too many tables, too few waiters, too much stress. The menu had lots of items but very limited range, as almost everything featured duck, beef and cream. We settled on pizzas and salads, which were all decent but nothing special. Profiteroles for dessert were old and drenched in industrial chocolate sauce. The hostess was efficient and professional but had way too much to do to make it a nice restaurant experience.

• Visited February 2013

Val d'Isere, France
“Can't believe the other reviews”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My husband and I are working a ski season in Val d'Isere, we are in our mid 40s and 50s. We went to this restaurant when a friend came to visit us for the week. I am astonished at the other reviews, we found this restaurant excellent! I had the soup for starter, very nice, my main meal was the veal in creamy mushroom sauce, with a baked potato and finely chopped vegetables, it was the best meal I had had for a long time, all topped off with a chocolate moelleux to die for!!! I can highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
“Stay away”
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

We ordered 3 meals, lasagne was okay, pizza was small and expensive, confit duck was a joke. Pricing is expensive, especially the drinks. Service did not work perfect eirher.

Santo, Texas
“Stay away of here!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Like other people already stated, it looks nice from the outside. But wait till you're inside and witness a level of service that matches an episode of Monty Python. If you're a fan of cold pizza: this is the place to be. If not: don't even think about complaining. You got to pay for what you've ordered - no matter if it tastes like absolute [--]. They threaten to call the police if you don't. Before I forget: deserts are absolutely hideous. Place should be burned to the ground. Yuk.

• Visited January 2013
“Horrible rude money grabbing owners both of them!!!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

They served pizza with olives complete with stones which split my back tooth in two ?when I complained they lifted all the plates from the table of four (I was there with my wife and two kids) including a bottle of wine hardly touched and then presented me with the full bill ! when I refused to pay it they called the gendarme ., terrible attitude from the horrible duo of owners who have no idea how to deal with complaints apart from give us your money and get lost!?

1 Thank Philheath7