“Best lunch stop on the slopes”
Review of L'Edelweiss

L'Edelweiss
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Val d'Isere
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This restaurant is very accessible, located on the blue run between le Signal restaurant and le Fornet. It is very popular, so always best to book in advance. The quality of the food is very good indeed and there is a wide selection of local dishes, steaks, pasta, salads and some exceptional desserts (would strongly recommend the moelleux au chocolat with salted caramel) as well as a strong wine list. The ambiance is cosy and friendly. I haven't given it 5 stars as the service can seem a bit rushed at times, the tables are a little close together and it certainly isn't cheap. Having said that, we did eat there two days out of six on our last visit to Val d'Isere, which shows how much we like it.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

During our stay in Val d'isere in January 2013 we had lunch twice at the L'Edelweiss. Both day the sun was shining and the temperature was around 0 deg.C so we sat outside both times.

We arrived early for lunch and had no problems getting a table. The waiters were really friendly and had good knowledge of both the food menu as well as about the wine menu.

I had the duck burger the first time which was really good.

However the second time I went for the 2 course menu, main course and desert (skipped the starter). The main course was a kind of beef stew, which was lovely little bits of beef made to perfection with a nice sauce covered with a layer of perfect mashed potatos and with a nice salad. Got plenty of good bread as well.

The desert was as good as it could get: fresh warm pastries with roasted almonds and a caramell sauce together with caramell ice cream.

I normally never drink anything that contain alcohol when skiing but during our second day here I enjoyed a good glass of red wine. Do not remember the name of the wine but it was good.

The location of the L'Edelweiss is also good with a nice view.

I have visited Val d'isere two year in a row now and have been having lunch at many mountain restaurants. In my opinion the L'Edelweiss is a class above all the other ones I have visited. I will definately come back to this restaurant in 2014.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

had the duck burger with fois gras. Superb. great enthusiastic service. really good rustic chalet atmosphere. highly recommended

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stopped for après ski drinks fantastic setting food amazing too.Frienldy staff ..Pisteurs clear the slopes at about five so don't leave it too late!

1  Thank lazzahuddersfield
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We ate here twice as it was our favorite. The first time I had the duck burger with fois gras. It was exceptional. It is a very busy restaurant so I recommend reservations. We lucked out the first time we ate there and had reservations the second time. The view is ok since it is almost at the bottom of the run, but the food was exceptional. The ambiance was wonderful. The bathrooms were clean and the staff was friendly and very attentive.