All reviews perfect location terrific value sauna and steam room comfortable rooms bars and restaurants centre of town ski hotel lovely hotel short walk boot room piste balcony gym lounge alpine skiing mountains
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We stayed there for 15 nights, for Christmas and New Year's Eve. We were very well taking care of, we felt like being guests to someone's home, really! I would say this is mainly due to the owner of the hotel, who was there every day till late in the evening to make sure everything goes well. She is genuinely nice and caring, and this makes a big difference in hospitality business... In fact, such personal involvement is so rare these days... The staff at Ormelune was very friendly and relaxed, sometimes you could have forgotten they are working there, seemed they are spending holiday there with us :-) The food was great, fine and delicious! I wonder what could have gone wrong that could have upset someone in this restaurant... it was one of the finest in Val D'Isere! Therefore, of course I highly recommend Ormelune!

Date of stay: December 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Your experience starts when you are greeted by the charming staff (even at 7:30 in the morning) and it keeps getting better

Date of stay: December 2010
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I could not fault our stay at Ormelune at all. Firstly the staff make every effort to exceed your expectations and make sure you are happy. I felt the service was every bit on par with some of the very expensive 5-star hotels I've stayed in, except at Ormelune they seem genuinely happy at work and therefore happy to serve. Secondly the decor and vibe was cosy and unique. Third, the location is fantastic in Val D"Isere, shall we say its Ski-In and short walk out. Lastly, the rooms were bigger than I expected for the price, and for a ski hotel. Overall, we were very happy, fantastic value for money, by the lovely people of Ormelune.

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2010

My boyfriend and I were upgraded to Ormelune Hotel as our original Hotel was fully booked (thankfully). Had a fantastic stay at the Ormelune... The hotel has recently been renovated and the reception, bar, resto, breakie area and our room were nicely done and very welcoming. We had a "piste view" which was even nicer.... The breakfast was very generous and lovely... Dinner at the resto was simply fabulous - my boyfriend claims he had the best steak at Ormelune - even better than Gauchos Grill - so you know what to expect ;) ... Service was impeccable..... I did my knee 2 days in over our week stay and the staff were so caring and very attentive to my needs and requirements. The personnel/staff were very helpful with their tips of resto, things to do in the area and lil advices of getting around.... Ormelune is situation in the village centre so it was easy to get everywhere from the hotel.... Many Thanks to everyone working @ Ormelune for a very lovely stay......

Date of stay: March 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2010

First impressions were great, the staff uber friendly. The whole week at this hotel has been fantastic. We couldn't pick a fault. We stayed half board and the food was fantastic. If you didn't like something on the set menu they were more than happy to let you change. During our stay We had pork, rabbit, salmon, duck etc all cooked to perfection so you're in for some good food and you need it after boarding all day. They have all the facilities for boot drying and secure board storage. The other plus point Is you walk out the front door and you are in the center of the village. The slopes are just round the corner and ski school is directly opposite. The decor is very contemporary but very warm. You could sit by the open fire all night eat in the restaurant or just sit and drink at the bar. The staff can't do enough for you. The only downside and it's a little one is the room we were in was a little small. However we did book 3 days before
travelling. Altogether a really memorable holiday and by far the best snow resort period. We will definately come back to this hotel again. (soon)