Hotel L'Aigle des Neiges
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel la Galise(Val d'Isere)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Les Lauzes(Val d'Isere)
View Hotel
Les 5 Freres(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Le Brussels(Val d'Isere)
  • Pool
Chalet Hotel Moris(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ormelune(Val d'Isere)
Le Yule(Val d'Isere)
Tsanteleina Hotel(Val d'Isere)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Blizzard(Val d'Isere)
  • Pool
All reviewsski shopboot roommagical holidayhalf boardsuperior roomski roomstayed here for nightsboots and skisend of the dayski rentalexcellent barfirst floordefinitely return to this hotelrestaurant staffmain restaurantshort walksmall pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have just had a 4 night stay in this hotel. Had a really enjoyable and would recommend it to friends.
Positive points:
Really good location as very close to slopes and the centre of the village yet not on the main road so no traffic noise
Recently refurbished so nice modern feel to it
Staff very helpful and friendly
Good bar
Rooms very clean and maid visits twice a day to tidy and provide clean towels etc. weather report card for following day left in room every evening and chocolate on bed
Lots of space for clothes, bags, ski gear
Boot room is incredibly clean and warm and the staff are really helpful
Spa was amazing - pool area lovely and great range of treatments
Negative points:
Rooms are small - a bit of a squeeze moving round the bed and bathroom can only fit one person in at a time
No tea or coffee making facilities in the room
Breakfasts are expensive - we preferred to eat out instead
Our room - 103 - experienced some noise from the bar on the ground floor although stopped at about 11pm so not a huge problem to us
Walls very thin between bedrooms.......we could hear some 'bathroom' noise!

In balance, would recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms 100-109 as get bar noise from below.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed in Val d'Isere last year and its a fantastic place to ski, we absolutely love the resort. We normally ski in a large group so we tend to take over a chalet last year we stayed at Chalet Bellvarde which is a 4* chalet run by VIP SKI and it was great. As there was only four of us this year and it was a special birthday for one of us we decided to book the Aigle des Neiges - we were expecting great things...we were very disapointed. The hotel is very contemporary in design and has tried to create a sophisticated vibe, however there isnt any real substance to it, I dont think the staff understand that a 4* hotel needs to offer 4* service and that takes a little effort and a little care. The food was absolutely appalling, aside from the fact there was little choice, the quality was just terrible. I am vegetarian and apart from the soup starter there was absolutely nothing for more, when I asked the staff they looked at me blankly, on the first night I was given two side dishes of the meat courses veg...dried up macoroni cheese and sliced courgettes, the waitress said I needed to go to reception the next morning and they would speak to the chef and organise something for me for the rest of the week. Which we did, however the staff on reception we very disinterested and dismissive (in particular a lady was very rude) and told us to speak to the waitress again at night...I went back to complain in the afternoon and I did get a risotto that evening, unfotunately that is what I go the next night and after that we gave up and ate elsewhere (it wasnt just the difficulty in my food, the standard of the food overall was awful). Lots of the walls particularily in the dining room was very scuffed, the staff were a little scuffy especailly in the dining room. On a plus side the guys in the boot room were brilliant! This hotel survives on its location only!

Room Tip: The standard double rooms are very small and very hot!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SallyCapener
Aigledesneiges, Directeur général at Hotel L'Aigle des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Madam Capener,

Further to your email, we are sorry to read your comment concerning your stay in January. In our half-board offer, you have the choice between 2 appetizers (soup or cold dish), 2 main dishes (fish or meat) and then cheeses and desserts in buffet, not specially adapted for vegetarian people.
The agency you booked through, booked a stay on half-board, they never specified that you were vegetarian.
With this type of information prior your arrival, we would have tried to adapt the menu for you. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Concerning our staff, I am really surprised by your comment we have the same staff for 3 winters and we have very good comments; Our goal is to be professional and to keep a good image of our hotel.

We stay at your disposal,

Best Regards

Emilie PAJEVIC

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Excellent helpful friendly staff especially in ski hire/boot and ski valet. Always tried to solve issues and nothing a problem

Great location on edge of old town and near slopes but wifi a slow which seems to be a problem in the village

Breakfast great and they cooked special egg request

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a very good hotel in a convenient and quiet part of town. It is very closer to the slopes, ie walk no more than 100m from locker room. There was no street noise at night. We had a double superior room which was okay but not huge. The staff are very professional and the hotel is very clean. True, it's s not cheap, but then nothing is in Val D'Isere, so overall I was very pleased.

Room Tip: The first floor is probably a bit noisy from the street, not so much revellers but snow plough and delivery trucks early in the morning. So try and book at least second floor or higher, but maybe not 5th floor given other comments. If you don't like church clocks, ask for a room on the side of the hotel away from the church.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We booked this hotel based on reviews but perhaps we were unlucky. We booked a junior suite and have an attic room which at around €700 a night with breakfast is just not worth the money.

I am writing this review on our third night of 7. We returned today from a days skiing and our room has not been cleaned

Reception staff speak good English but most other staff we have encountered barely speak any English at all.

Breakfast is very poor. Very little choice when compared with other hotels I have stayed in in courchevel, chamonix etc

To be honest I tried to find another hotel and if I could have done we would have moved

Room Tip: Do NOT accept an attic room. They tell up you the view is great but the reality is you spend all day IN the view
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank richard m
Aigledesneiges, Directeur général at Hotel L'Aigle des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Sir,

Further to your comment, we appreciate you took time to inform us about the inconvenience encountered during your stay.
As discussed at your arrival you are in a Junior suite Duplex as booked on Internet. I am very sorry that you do not appreciate your room but all our Junior Suites have the same configuration in "duplex". The rooms located in the 5th floor (higher floor) are the nicest rooms we have (quiet with nice view). Concerning the staff, all the staff at the reception, bar and restaurant is speaking English. Indeed the housekeeping staff is not speaking English, it is not required. Concerning the cleaning service, I apologize if we had been late and after your request we clean your room at the time you want.
Best Regards