“I'm not sure you can ask for much more!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Val d'Isere
ChaletHotel Cygnaski
Ranked #35 of 39 Hotels in Val d'Isere
Southampton, United Kingdom
“I'm not sure you can ask for much more!!!”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

"Having read the tripadvisor reviews I was a little concerned that several people were blaming the hotel for catching a sickness bug during their stay. This made me pay particular attention to hygiene standards in the hotel and I must say that these were second to none! I asked the staff about the tap water and they all drink gallons of it so I did the same. Later in the week I asked Paul the manager about the reviews and he said that these reviews are rare given that they accomodate 80 guests per week. We had a lengthy conversation about illness and Paul believes that the main cause of sickness is the norovirus (winter vomiting virus) and that this only happens when the virus is common in the UK. I'm pleased to report that they monitor any accident or illness and have a thourough procedure to minimise the risk of spreading infection. I will definately be returning to the Cygnaski and next time with no concerns at all. I believe some people just like to find someone else to blame for their missfortune. This is an all round experience that you won't forget!!! Regards, Dr. Ben Chell

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank DrBen091

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lewes
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Had a great week at the Cygnaski in March 2012. I was there with a mate and we both had single rooms. Contrary to some other reviews the staff could not have been more helpful or accommodating from the moment we arrived to the time we left. The accommodation is a little basic and the single rooms are small with a sink and shower but there's a loo just down the corridor. The telly showing the four main UK channels worked well and the bed was very comfortable and the place is cleaned every day. The food is excellent, overseen by a chef who really cares about what he serves you and what you think of his food. Indeed, all the staff are all exceptionally pro-active and resolutely cheerful. The Cygnaski is NOT a four-star establishment and the building and decor is a little tired and dated but that is more than made up for by many good points. The lounge is comfortable, there is little bar with a cheerful barman, and the restaurant is bright and dinner was the social highlight of the day. Breakfasts and afternoon teas are also great, so people don't go hungry. The staff helped to engender a grear spirit among the clients and the whole week was a blast. I will definitely be returning.

1 Thank Simon H
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed last week. The food was very good and the staff were great. However the hotel is let down by the rooms and the facilities - especially the hot water supply. In our second floor room there was no hot water at all in the bathroom sink - and more often than not the shower was just a dribble. I reported the problem but nothing changed.
Also, internal (toliet and bathroom) doors were badly fitting, lacked catches/bolts, and were very noisy. More often than not the doors sprung open after closing. Not good if you're sharing a room!

1 Thank Chris J

Travelers are raving about these Val d'Isere hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Two days into my holiday fell ill with the worst tummy bug. I was on the loo for the rest of the holiday. Not one staff member came to see me even though I was on my own, could have died for all they cared. When I got home I so ill I was tested to see what I had contracted. It turned out to be food poisoning, a bug call campylobacterthis is a notifiable infection so I contacted Warner ski customer care to let them know they should check the staff in the hotel as anyone who has contracted it can be a carrier without knowing it. all I got back was so what attitude, and a total denile that it could be them at fault even though I had only eaten there. As I was not the only one in the hotel that was ill I would say that there was and is still a big problem there having just read the other revues

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Andrew D
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The hotel was average looking from the outside when we first arrived, but when we entered we could not get any service from any of the staff. The reception staff were rude and were more interested in carrying my bags up to my room, which did not help seeing there was a lift! When we got up to our rooms it looked like we had travelled back in time to the 70's, the rooms were disgusting and 40 years out of date! The rooms were clean but terribly furnished, the beds were most uncomfortable!

The food at afternoon tea and dinner was well thought out but not well prepared, i found a hair in my soup and cake on 2 out of the 5 nights that we stayed at the Cygnaski! The chefs were charming but could not account for the hairs as apparently "All of the chefs should be wearing hairnets or hats".

As a married couple at the "Hotel" Cygnaski they could not accommodate for our needs (i very much doubt it could for families either!) i would have much rather booked my own accommodation or booked with another resort manager! i would not stay here again even if at the quarter of the price!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andy P
Reviewed March 13, 2012

The hotel is positioned close to the town center but on the outskirts so no bar/pub noise. A Spar supermarket is next door which is handy for supplies. There are two (free) bus points to drop you in either direction of town for the main ski lifts/Funival train points for the slopes meters from the door.

The room is small/medium, with plenty of space for all gear etc. Though relatively basic, it was extremely clean and serviced daily.

Every member of staff was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and went way beyond the level of help I'd expect (be it friends stranded by a rockslide late at night, advice for English medical centers, sorting out gear/lift passes etc). No competition the best hotel staff I’ve experienced.

The food was superb. You get a broad choice for breakfast, afternoon tea and cakes, and a full 3 course dinner each night. The head chef (with experience in more than one Michelin Star venue) is a great guy and clearly loves his job and speaks to every guest about suggestions/feedback/changes. There are 3 options for each course, and all the wine you can drink before desert plates leave the table.

I can’t rate the experience any higher - to top it off the skiing was incredible as we got lucky with the weather.

2 Thank Richard S
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Loved it. was in a share with a lovely other woman, and had a blast! staff absolutely wonderful. food truly excellent. even baked me a cake for my birthday!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo