ChaletHotel Cygnaski
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Val d'Isere
See available hotels
Tsanteleina Hotel(Val d'Isere)
  • Pool
Les 5 Freres(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel la Galise(Val d'Isere)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Blizzard(Val d'Isere)
  • Pool
Chalet Hotel Moris(Val d'Isere)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ormelune(Val d'Isere)
  • Pool
Hotel Les Lauzes(Val d'Isere)
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2012

We went to the Cygnaski last week. I must congratulate the staff on their excellent service, they were happy to help wherever possible. The food was also excellent, especially the dinners.The dinners were great with social tables and met a number of really great people.

The ski hosting was excellent, Harry and Ollie were fantastic.

When we arrived we felt that the hotel was particularly cold, compared to most ski hotels and chalets that we have stayed in for last 12 years. I complained and it took a day to crank the heating up.The rooms were also particularly 'shabby', but larger than we had before.

We also discovered that the fire in the lounge was only lit every other day, which left the lounge to be particularly unfriendly on the days where the fire was not lit. We did complain and the reply came back was about MW wanting to be ecofriendly!

To cap it all I picked up a tummy 'bug' and after discussions with other guests I found that a number of guests also had the 'bug'. After a couple of days the hotel staff were instructed to sterilise the hotel in all public and private areas. It seemed like the proverbial horse had already bolted!

I would go back, because the ski areas were fantastic, but I would definitely be more careful by taking hand gel and cleaning wipes.

Room Tip: Try and get rooms more central to the hotel, I presume they would be less cold
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jane B
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I'll keep it brief, since previous reviews cover my experience as well. First time I've done the Mark Warner experience, and I'll definitely do it again, all the way from bringing your luggage from the coach up to your room, and vice versa when leaving, through good breakfasts, lovely afternoon apres-ski teas, to nice a la carte, waiter served dinners, where you can choose to sit in at a larger "social table".

Best was the ski hosting, which allow my son and I to get a much better appreciation of the whole Espace Killy area during the first few days. Our host Harry was particularly good and clear in his directions.

Hotel itself isn't the best I've stayed in, but there are so many things above which outweigh that. It's not exactly ski-in, ski-out, but there's a free bus stop outside, and two ski-hire shops across the road.

The main downside for us was a mini outbreak of a gastro-type bug (possibly norovirus?), with around 10 in the hotel affected including us, but fortunately towards the end of the holiday, so we only missed a day or so's skiing. I'm not blaming the hotel, because I know that the bug was around at other properties as well. After reading forums on my return, it looks like Val seems to get a wave of this pretty regularly.

Overall, bug apart, we had a great time, and the weather and snow conditions were excellent.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We went to the Cygnaski (a Mark Warner Hotel) to celebrate my daughter's 40th birthday...and the whole trip was a great success. (Snow was great powder) We were a party of 15 including 3 babies and two toddlers. The childcare was outstanding and all the staff were very friendly, anxious to please and very efficient. They took every complaint seriously and tried to rectify them.

The dining room, lounge and bar were comfortable and welcoming and the food was outstanding. Dan, the chef, produced imaginative and delicious dinners; breakfasts were good; and the tea at 16:30 was welcome after a hard day's skiing. In the evening various events such as quizzes were arranged.

On the negative side, the hotel was in need of tender loving care as the heating and hot water were not as good as they might have been. However, at the price we paid, we got very good value for money.

Among the other plusses were very good ski hosting with knowledgable hosts and a charming awards ceremony for children who had been getting childcare

We woiuld certainly go there again

Room Tip: Go for a larger room facing south
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SergeLourie
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I stayed at Cygnaski, a Mark Warner run hotel. The staff were excellent with a great level of support and help, from carrying bags from the coach to your room on Day one, to bringing guests hire skis to the hotel for them. Ski hosting came as part of the package and was excellent, with Mark warner staff expertly handling groups of skiiers in sometimes challenging conditions. The hotel rooms are clean and well maintained with basic TV channels available. There is a welcoming Bar and a cozy relaxation area with a real fire lit every day. The food is excellent with an a la carte choice each night and simply irresistable afternoon teas, including home made cakes and cookies every day. The real reason to go back to Cygnaski is the excellent service provided by Paul and his Mark Warner team. They offer a great standard of service and are attentive and helpful without being intrusive or overbearing. All of the staff are freindly and genuinely interested in their guests having a great time whilst they are staying there. I was looked after brilliantly by the team following a trip to hospital after a fall on piste. Ellie in particular was indespensable, ensuring that my insurance company was aware of the incident and making sure that I had all I needed whilst in hospital. She went the extra mile several times, collecting my snowboard from the Piste Patrol for me in her own time and making sure it was sent on to the hospital in time for my airlift home. She packed all of my belongings with care and made sure that I made it home with all of my luggage and ski equipment. This exemplifies the type of staff Mark Warner have on their team. They are kind and dedicated to ensuring your holiday is as good as it can possibly be whilst you stay with them. Should I return to winter sports, It will be on a Mark Warner holiday, they are quite simply, excellent value for money and provide a service second to none.

Room Tip: This hotel offers a few single rooms with showers en suite but a seperate WC, a good way to get a cheaper room in a great family hotel with brilliant levels of service.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank crazylegs_young
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Travelled solo for an early skiing vacation in Dec 2011. (I have used this Mark Warner hotel in the past when on family vacations).

Val d'Isere is a fairly "snow sure resort" with in my view the best skiing area in Europe with its huge variety and challenging runs. For beginners there are much better value resorts as it isn't worth paying the "Val d'Isere premium" if you are not going to use the vast area. The bus service is fast and efficient and is one of the resort's big selling points. No silly queues like Meribel/Courcheval or silly taxis like in Zermatt!

First impressions from staff were excellent and this continued throughout my stay . They are well led by a strong manager Paul who seems well equipped to handle problems as they arise such as we had with lift openings and ski pass links being closed due to local conditions. All MW Cygnaski staff are very polite and helpful.

MW concentrate on the basics and do this very well. The food in this chalet is simply excellent! Their head chef Dan turns out good restaurant quality food every day and everyone seemed very happy! Their teas with home made cakes and Gateaux and soup were also very popular.

Tea and coffee are available free all day in the lounge, another nice touch.

The rooms are also fairly simple (Val d'Isere hotels are mostly fairly poor for the price as real estate is expensive & the focus is on skiing. Single rooms are hard to get in this hotel and a number of them have a shower but no WC! MW does provide a very small soap shampoo welcome pack, but this is only done once per week so you will need to visit the local supermarkets to buy soaps/shampoo etc.

I would say that most of the Cygnaski rooms are as good as the ones in MW hotel Val d'Isere. They are also much quieter in my experience! The main upside for the hotel Val is its location nearer the centre, but this is also a downside for noise in my experience. Each time my family stayed at the Hotel Val d'isere we had noise problems with late night revellers outside and the sounds of early morning alarm clocks from nearby apartments. The good sized lounge in the Cygnaski with its large log fire helps it become quite a sociable place. There are also "social dining" tables in the evening where guests can book if they would like to join others for dinner.

On the financial side I found out that people booking with agents rather than directly with MW were getting preferential discounts. There are a number of websites promising to beat MW booking direct prices. After researching with fellow guests I found out MW seems to charge more to its customers who book with them directly!! The non MW agents also seemed to be able to provide single rooms for no extra charge which MW were not able to do for me.

Room Tip: Check with travel agents rather than than direct with Mark Warner as the agents seem to be giving the special deals for "introducing clients to Mark Warner". A number of agents promise to beat MW prices... just search on google and you will see!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo