“Good price, but I'm doubt I'll go there once again” 3 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Hotel Tenor
Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Saint-Etienne
Memphis
“Good price, but I'm doubt I'll go there once again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Not that close to the train station as it said. Rooms with no air conditioner. Inside looks like dormitory not 2* hotel. To get shower you have to hold a shower head with one hand trying to wash yourself with another. Breakfast is really tiny but cafeteria is clean and has a nice balcony. This hotel is mainly for groups traveling by bus and trying to save money. Too noisy outside. One night sleep is OK - no more.

Room Tip: Check the rates
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Memphis2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Porto, Portugal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

A good hotel. It's very clean, it's central and it's affordable. Nice breakfast also.

Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

Stayed for one night only in this hotel on business. My colleague almost refused to stay here. The rooms were extremely basic and noisy, I was next to the lift shaft in the centre of the hallway. The bathroom was very dated and a bit grotty. Had I been alone I would have felt a little vulnerable in this hotel.

There were no dining facilities in the hotel but we were directed to some super restaurants nearby. The reception staff and speed of check in was super but this was not enough to make up for the basic rooms that rather reminded me of a youth hotel. I struggled sleeping due to corridor noise and cigarette smoke wafting in from somewhere.

We wished we had not bothered with breakfast that was €10. Again, youth hostel style and quality. I know this was a budget option but for a tad more money we could have experienced a much better stay elsewhere.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Quality of room and breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
1 Thank FayetteBolton

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Etienne hotels

Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

I stayed in this hotel for one night on the 4th May 2008. I had firstly sent the hotel an email enquiry about a room and had a prompt response but later found a better deal on hotels.com [for the same hotel] The directions given were superb and I found the hotel without any fuss or bother. The hotel was very secure with a videophone locking and unlocking the door.
One of the best things about this hotel was the quality of service. Someone who i could only assume as the manager kindly took care of my bag for the whole day whilst i explored this historic little town. The only problem i found was that they double booked my room but that was possibly my mistake for doing it twice. They explained their mistake and promptly changed my room. The room itself was very clean and simple. I had 2 twin beds when i requested a double but as i was travelling on my own it didn't really bother me. You were provided with clean towels daily. The room consisted of a bed[s],a desk with chair, air conditioning, a tv with satelite channels, built in wardrobe and bed side cabinets. The bathroom had a wc, sink and bath/shower all to a high standard. Apparently cleaning facilities such as washing clothes, straighteners and hairdryers were upon request but I didn't take advantage of these. There is food available but the restaurants at the back of the hotel are good value for money.
The check out process was quick and easy.
This hotel is great value for money under 60euros and i would definitely go back again :]

Stayed June 2008