See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 5, 2016

Very nice staff, both friendly and helpful. Very clean throughout hotel.

Super breakfast, variety, quality and plentiful. Coffee and fruit given also for our journey.

Dinner on the other hand was thrown onto the plates (no presentation whatsoever). Poor quality, had salad with runny goats cheese on bread, either rock hard or rubbery. Chips were cold and certainly not freshly cooked. Certainly not Master Chef standards or anywhere near. Hotel let down badly with evening meal.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed September 27, 2015

We took forever and got lost more than once in Saint Etienne. Finally found it and we were happy to get a good parking spot on site and an open restaurant. Food was OK, we were exhausted and didn't walk around in what looked like a sketchy area. But the room itself, although very small, was clean and the bathroom was modern. We were only there one night and it was very inexpensive and good value for the money. Now we know where it is, so we could stay there again enroute to the south of France.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters, I would think all rooms are similar in size and views
  • Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2015

As I travel by public transport my usual practice is to stay somewhere that is close to a city's main railway station. However my stay in St Etienne coincided with a national junior athletics campionship so I had to stay at this hotl on the northern edge of town. However, La Terrasse is a majr local transport interchange with regular trams, buses and some local trains quite close to the hotel giving good and reasonably priced access to the city centre. Having travelled all day, i ate in the hotel restaurant on my first evening which was satisfactory as was the breakfast. For the rest the hotel features were as expected of an Ibis hotel including clean functional rooms with a good bed. The air conditioning was effective (important as the daytime temperature was over 30 durin my stay. I would also specifically mention that the sound insulation was very good despite my room overlooking a motorway, main roads and a tram line. I found the staff both friendly and professional.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo