“One of the World best gastronomy; hotel is great”
Review of Flocons de Sel

Flocons de Sel
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Megeve
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
MO
“One of the World best gastronomy; hotel is great”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We did spend a week end there. Of course the restaurant being a three stars michelin is just totally outstanding. THe chef is so great so accessible, it is really amazing. You ll experience taste and texture you never imagined.
Then the other great thing is that the simple room at the hotel are super nice and really well valued with a beautiful bathroom and a private terrace with an awesome view on the alps. The only dn side is that it is a little far from the ski station; you have to drive can t go walking.
IT is really one of the best week end we never had... TOP TOP TOP food and hotel really well priced.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank maxlecaf

• Greek first
Antwerp, Belgium
“Gastronomy at the top”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

For skiers, Megève is not a-only the place with beautiful slopes covered with snow but also a gastronomic place. But there is only one who can be the best: Le Flocon de Sel. A few kilometres in the mountains you will find an absolutely marvellous restaurant (take a taxi). Three Michelin stars are well deserved. For three stars you need to surprise and you will be surprised. We regularly visit the best restaurants all over the world and this time we absolutely agree the quotation of Michelin. Don’t forget to make reservation in time.

• Visited March 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Very good? Yes, but doubt it's yet at the 3 Michelin stars level”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Have been to quite a few 1 & 2 Michelin star restaurants in France, Switzerland, the UK, and the US, but this was my first 3 star one so expectations were very high.

The welcoming, seating, and attention by the staff met the high expectations.

In terms of food, I had the "Promenade du Sel" menu; as expected ingredients were first-class (even though none were "fancy"), but none of the servings "elevated" me to the highest gastronomic level. Good? Yes. Greatest? Not...

I am a food lover, but not a food critic; based on my aforementioned experience with this level of restaurants i would classify my experience somewhere between an 1 and a 2 Michelin stars restaurant, but definitely not a 3 star.

Forgot to mention the chef was quite accommodating and sought personal contact with each customer. In terms of service, probably the most negative point was that we had to wait for no less than 15 minutes to receive the bill.

Don't take me wrong, this restaurant is still top quality, but as expectations of such an establishment are so high, i rated it with 4 out of 5 as it is lacking what it needs to really impress. On the service and food sub-categories i rated it with 5 out of 5 as there is no question that it is a top-level restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
London
“Great Experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

As regular diners in many Michelin star restaurants in London the food and service at Le Flocon de Sel was second to none. Every course was presented with attention to detail and was superb. Thank you Emmanuel Renaut the chef for a wonderful evening of spectacular food. Your third Michelin star is very well deserved. Lots of hard work clearly went into both flavours and presentation from everyone in the kitchen. The maitre'd and front of house staff were also excellent. We look forward to dining again next year.

Visited March 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Michelin lost it`s witt...”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Mm first time I am not pleased to write a review. Renaut (not Renault, that`s a car) is a very hard working man, extremely friendly, we were able to talk to him for as few minutes..We are very experienced eaters and decent cooks, enjoy the simple and the sophisticated food (1,2 and 3 stars) but tend to the traditional cuisine..not a great fan of the chemistry classes I sometimes attend..prefer to see the origin of my food.

My experience, personal ofcourse. Just a little outside Megeve were we stayed. Modern chalet like interior (bit too much like a spa or a sauna..), but again: I am old fashioned..
We were welcomed by the gerant/maitre, forgot the official title, who explained the menus in turbo speed French. We lived in Monaco for 5 years..so we do speak French..but...lost the man several times...what if you dont speak French..?

Amuses came with the glass of champagne...that did not look to promising..canapees with tasteless beetroot, puree from another root, a fried boll..but with a very strong flavor..of the frying oil....At the table another amuse, little piece of white fish with sauce and what looked like pops/cereals - clearly from the lab...My daughter: fish became too soft/mushy because of the sauce..No further comment.
The three of us (daughter of 13) took the same starter..not sure about the english word (being Dutch)..salsifice.(hope I spell it correctly) .sort of a root/asparagus like vegetable but prepared like a thin spaghetinni..enhanced with lard/speck..and black truffle...tuber whatever...I understand to keep the flavor of the truffle in place such a dish can not be too strong in taste..but this was completely tasteless..saltless it seemed..a lot of truffle..cant mess that up ..always nice..on the side..more truffle and melted speck (?)..the last did not look very attractive..
We looked at each other having the same thoughts...what a blooper...
Two of us took the pigeon, my wife asked not too rose..had to go back..being red...French running around -Louis de Funes style...came back I was finished...long explanation on the pigeon, smoked first, slowly coocked for the lord knows how many hours..well decent little pieces of pigeon...in the middle..gratin dauphinois....no vegetables (I mean did not look for a pot of runner beans..but some creative veggies/color ?? A gratin...how boring....!!
Our daughter had the beef..asked for off red...again too red..I know taste and structure walk out if cooked too long but a general observation is that it seems that chefs try to educate clients (you should eat..beef red, lamb pink, etc..). For me raw is fine, but for some people not..and if they ask for off red...don`t ignore it...With the beef..same story..nothing to make it look attractive...our daughter left 2/3 on her plate..boring meat and patatoes...
We took the coffee asap...dessert no tx...The place was full, in Megeve announced every where..congrat Renaut...3 stars.... honestly he is a great cook for sure..great potential...also clear....but even for 2 stars it will not do...Goodness 3 stars like Alain Duscasse - Louis XV, Monaco or Pinoteca in Florence.?...not even close...Michelin trying to promote Megeve/France..?We were lost. We received a nice cooking book written by Renaut, the only positive moment...But again: wish only the best for him..nice guy..hard working..but what can I do than to write what I experienced...? Decent bottle of Bourgogne Chambol Mussigny..570 euro...not too expensive for a 3 star...but it is not a 3 star in my opinion...

• Visited February 2013