“Pizzeria with Sushi ?”

Finger's Life
Ranked #72 of 129 Restaurants in Megeve
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed February 8, 2017

Very new but traditionally built chalet style restaurant off the blue return piste from La Giettaz to Combloux. We first saw the pizzeria sign and went inside (very warm sun facing terrace with terrific views) to the well-appointed restaurant. Sadly, they just do a small pizza selection with no salad but if you are a sushi fan then you can fill your boots, We shared one pizza and a glass of wine each with coffee. 43 euros. Ouch. Staff very helpful but you may get the impression they too are confused by the menu mix.

Reviewed January 28, 2017

Spent 3 hours snowshoe walking to Fingers with our guide Christophe who recommended thus fantastic resteraunt. The food is mainly Asian Japanese and Korean. The decor us modern and very well done everything five star. They also have a small pizza menu slices of which were given to us with our drinks. We all had different firms of sushi and tempura dishes all delicious. Quite strange but a great change to best this food up in the alps beside the chair lifts. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed January 4, 2017 via mobile

Surprising place with very creative and tasty cuisine.

Good selection of wines, very nice ambient.

Prices (as almost everywhere in Megève) are a bit high.

Worth visiting

Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

Setting is lovely, food is great when it arrived but service was terrible and Maitre D refused to come and chat to us about short comings. We went on New Year's Day and after we had ordered, which took some time, we were told about one third of the things we had ordered were not on the menu. Drinks took ages to come. We moved from outside to inside and the staff said they would take in all out glasses etc. 20 minutes later we brought in our own glasses. When we asked to speak to the maitre D as general manager but he never came over and when we approached him on the way out he denied everything and accused us of being rowdy and loud which was not the case. We had children with us but they were quiet and on iPods. He said he was only interested in his Italian clients and didn't care about us. For an expensive restaurant I have never had such bad service and rudeness. We have dined at many highly rated and expensive restaurants around the world but I have never met a maitre d who was so rude or disinterested. Very disappointing and spoilt a lovely lunch.

2  Thank Catherine A
Reviewed March 6, 2016

Visited this restaurant after a long morning's skiing - cold and very hungry. I was tempted to play it safe and go for pizza as I am not a huge sushi fan but my friends are so I thought I'd give it a go. The sushi was beautifully presented and totally delicious. Also, they do an amazing fusion rolled pizza with sesame and teryaki sauce which we shared as a starter. I think this is one of the best meals I've ever had.

1  Thank Cath S