“Years of loyalty unrewarded”
Review of Lodge Park

Lodge Park
Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Megeve
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my family have been staying at this hotel every Christmas/ New Years for 10 days for the last 6 years or so. This entails 1 suite and 2 additional rooms . We had thought that this is a place we will keep coming back to. And I even wrote positive reviews about it in the past. Granted they are extremely busy and overbooked over the new year' s season and they have a policy of 50 percent unrefundable down payment., but as a loyal customer who has been coming back again and again and telling friends about it who also stayed there based on my advice, and after having spent over 150,000 euros in total during my stays there, I thought that given a close family member was on his deathbed and I had to cancel my annual booking the hotel would be understanding. They were not, they took my deposit of the stay and they wouldn't consider any of the 2 options of crediting it to next year or refunding in the event they sell the rooms( which they probably did as they have a wait list for that period typically) so in addition to my woes I lost 20 k euros for nothing. And all my years of loyal custom meant nothing. I will never enter this establishment again. I didn't mind losing the money as my family comes first. But it shows what this establishment is all about.

Stayed: December 2012
10  Thank Tarek_Aggad
FredericPouydebat, Directeur général at Lodge Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Sir,

We are sorry for the late reply and we would like to thank you for your precious comments.
Concerning your cancellation, it is very difficult to sell a room at the last minute, that is why when we send a proposal to our guest there is a cancellation insurance. Unfortunately, it seems that you have
confirmed your room without it and in our general sales policy it is clearly stated.
We deeply value your relationship with us and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service.
We truly hope we will be welcoming you again in the Lodge Park and we wish you a Happy New Year 2014.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

From the website, this looks a stunning hotel. It is, in fact, quite different. The images of the rooms are misleading. They're quite tiny - even their "Prestige Room" - a decent step up in price from their "Classic" and "Lodge" rooms - was far too small for even moderate comfort. We were shown to this tiny room, just off the main reception area on the ground floor next to the lift and asked for a different one. After much sucking in of breath, we were offered only one alternative if we upgraded to a suite at €1,000 or so/night, some 2.5x what we intended to pay. After a long journey, we reluctantly accepted this even though the "suite" was hardly luxurious. One basin in the bathroom, a shower that was ill-designed, lighting that was virtually non-existent, a "terrace" which had absolutely no furniture on it - not even a bench and a "log fire" which the staff were ridiculously precious about lighting. There was hardly any shelf space for clothes and there were absolutely no drawers! Actually, tere wasn't room for them anyway. Room service was pretty quick, but pause before you order two beers - €26, from memory. Insufficient hangers - and then they were the intensely annoying ones which are supposed to stop you from nicking them (what a joke).

Basically, this hotel was built for show and ambience, and admittedly it does look good. But the quality of the fittings, the design etc all looked rather contrived and artificial. They really need to get their act together if the expect to continue to charge such prices. My advice: find somewhere else....or if you must book here, for goodness sake ask for the exact square meterage of the room you're booking and take a tape measure with you.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alan N

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are truly saddened that your overall stay did not meet your expectations as we always take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction.

We have different category of rooms with different price according with the season and we are sure that we can find in the future the right room for you.
We hope that we will be able to show you our new facilities and we wish you a Happy New Year 2014 !

Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hotel/Lodge has a very welcoming decoration, inviting you to enjoy every corner. The main area has several different armchairs and sofas where you can order a drink to warm you up. Lots of antlers and animal trophies (i don´t know if they are real or not) compose the ambiance. The bar staff was just polite but the morrocan girl that was kind and attentive.
The reception staff was helpful and pleasant.
The rooms were so cozy, we took a standard and a family room. Both were not disappointing. There were some english butter cookies waiting for us. On the fridge there was a small Ruinart Champagne, I confess I drank it not looking at the price. Until now, I don´t know how much it was. Unfortunately, I didn´t have time to try the hotel restaurant "The Beef Lodge". Althought I thought the rates quite expensive I would return there.

Room Tip: The view from the family room was the best.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mdsf1000
FredericPouydebat, Directeur général at Lodge Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your opinion about our hotel. All the staff and myself are waiting to welcome you again ! Happy New Year !

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is as convenient as it gets for skiers. It is a 2 minute walk away from the gondola. The people are lovely and the service is excellent. The rooms are cosy but not well lit. The bathrooms are very modern and extremely clean. The spa is lovely and has a relaxing atmosphere. There are wide varieties of treatments and has good facilities. it has a steam room and two saunas and a jacuzzi although it is sadly lacking a pool. The outdoor facilities are excellent. In the evening there is a outdoor fire pit with cosy fur lined seats around it. The perfect place to enjoy megeve in the evening. This is a hotel I will definitely be returning to.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pinkandyellowmonkey

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comment, we wait for you for discovering our new facilities !
Happy New year 2014 !

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Excellent location close to lifts, helpful staff, well appointed rooms, and our only reservation was the size of our room which could have been larger but we would stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

Breakfast was always good, we stayed one week, and provided you like beef you will love the restaurant. We also tried the spit roasted chicken and asked for frites. Excellent! For dessert we opted for the millefeuille each time. Our thanks to every employee we met at the hotel.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rod L

Thank you so much for this message, you seems to know what's good food means ! Come back as soon as possible to taste our new Beef Lodge selection !
Happy New Year 2014 !

Reviewed March 7, 2013

On the downside, rooms are small with too much furniture and very badly lit. Huge baths but no shower. Way way too expensive for what you get. Disappointing Spa. Heavy rap music on in the bar at lunch times. However, excellent restaurant, great position and very pleasant, helpful staff. Megeve is lovely and I would go back but it would be to a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rebhip

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments. We would be very happy to have a chance to show you our new facilities ! It should change your mind ! We wait for you this new season and wish you an happy new year 2014 !

Frédéric Pouydebat - Directeur du Lodge Park.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

On the plus side the hotel is right in the centre of Megeve in a peaceful position. We had a ground floor room with an open fireplace which I loved as it was lit once we asked, and plaid decor reminiscent of some scottish place with 2 armchairs either side of the fireplace. The bath was huge and the basin brightly lit and the bed very comfortable. On the downsidethe room was so small it was quite hard getting round the corner of the bed to my side. The room was very dimly lit. Going to the loo was a bit of a manoeuvre as the door was so close to the loo and I am not a big person!! Paying just under 500 euros for bed and breakfast is just too much for this!
We asked the concierge to book us a table and made a few suggestions-he steered us to the restaurant which belongs to their sister hotel i subsequently realised-overpriced again!
The bar is appealing with its fire books and decor and I was delighted to get my aperol spritz. Breakfast was excellent, eggs of any type, fresh juices, dried and fresh fruits and lovely pastries. Would i go back-yes to Megeve not to here

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your contribution, I understood your were satisfied with restaurants, bar and breakfast service. We have different room types at your disposal for your next stay... Have an happy new year 2014 !