“Changed my view of skiing”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ski Technique Ski School
More attraction details
Owner description: Ski Technique are British Internationally qualified Independant ski Teachers in Megeve.
London
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Changed my view of skiing”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I can't recommend Ski Technique in Megeve highly enough. We visited Megeve for four days back in February. It was my second time only skiing, having completed a week earlier this year in January. I had had two different instructors previously, one Belgian, the other French. Glen, from Ski Technique was the one who truly made a difference. Coming on to the slopes at Megeve, I could hardly remember anything I'd been taught and was very nervously and with terrible technique, "falling" down the slopes.
Within one hour, Glen had pinpointed the areas where I need correction and he was able to guide me to a level of confidence I didn't think I could achieve in such a short period of time. I was so happy with his instruction I booked a further two lessons with him and he was able to take me to a much higher level - even taking my first red run!

I like to understand things in great detail and ask a lot of questions - so for any native english speaker, I think it's a real bonus to have a great instructor who also speaks and UNDERSTANDS your own language properly. Glen has transformed my view of skiing and I can't wait to go back to the slopes!

Visited February 2013
4 Thank bradthiele

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Instructors”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have been on 3 company Ski trips previously each time I have come away without the confidence or willingness to go back again by choice, however this time was a totally different experience, I loved it and that was thanks to the Ski Technique chaps. Not only did they help build up my confidence they gave me the opportunity to learn in a fun, friendly environment where I wasn’t afraid to make mistakes and was quickly told how to rectify them in a way that I understood. I have never been very good with being told how to do things always preferring to watch how it is done and then try it out myself I was able to easily do this with Glen and Jarrod both chaps where willing to take time to show me personally what I should be doing even though I was in a group of 7. Even though we were in a fairly big group each one of us was given personal time, shown how to do things in a way that was easy to understand and was encouraged to push ourselves to go that little bit further to get the best out of our SKI experience. They are great ski instructors and I would be happy to highly recommend them to anyone looking for instructors. I am sure that my work colleagues would all say the same!! Thanks guys for making this ski experience so enjoyable!

4 Thank Ashleigh B
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ski Technique - Megeve”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was lucky enough to have Jared and Glen as ski instructors on our company trip. Within an hour we beginners were already tackling some gentle slopes and learning the basics of skiing. Jared teaches by analogy, with each new lesson designed to move you steadily along in terms of ability and confidence.
By the second day we were able to get down the mountain via green and blue runs. Glen took some excellent videos (skiing backwards I might add) and helped us improve our technique all day. The main thing about these two gents was that we felt safe on the mountain. They're good company for a beer afterwards too!

2 Thank Jono S
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic - would recommend 100%”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had 2 full days with Jarred and Glen and as a group with little to no ski experience they had us all successfully down green and blue runs on the second day. They are both very patient and excellent at explaining things and developing people at all levels and even in this mixed group managed to tailor pace and teaching style to each person so we all felt like we had learned and come away better skiers. I personally am quite a nervous skier but Jarred took the time to build up my confidence and ability and after just 2 days feel like I have made real improvements. Thanks Guys

2 Thank Lianda P
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“5 stars *****”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Choosing a Ski Instructor is always tricky but if you read the reviews on here and choose Ski Technique you will not be disappointed.

I have just returned from a company ski trip in Megeve and all I can say is WOW!

My colleagues and I are a mixed bunch; both in terms of personality, ski level and learning style, however this was recognised and handled brilliantly by both Glen, and Jarrod from Ski Technique.

I have only skied once before so on my first morning on the slopes with Glen I was making all the usual mistakes- crossing skis, not completing turns, falling over etc etc However Glen’s patience and the delivery of his teaching was amazing and despite being in a small group I felt I had a real 1-2-1 with him.

My colleagues and I are all in agreement that both Glen and Jarrods teaching style is brilliant; adapting to the individual needs and skill level of each person. Everyone in our group felt they learned something new and for me personally I felt I made real progress in not only the technical aspect of my skiing but also my confidence.

My biggest achievement was completing numerous green and blue runs- something I never thought imaginable at the start of the trip.

If I could take Glen on any of my future ski trips I definitely would!!!

So whether you are a beginner or advanced skier, in a group or looking for 1-2-1 tuition choose Ski Technique!!!!!

2 Thank laura g