All reviewsski guidingshort ski breakother guestsrepeat bookingsfabulous hostsnext yearfantastic foodperfect locationski tripcomfortable bedlift passesfantastic staykeep coming backtop floorplenty of hot watertown centremont blanc
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This hotel does not pretend to be anything it isn't. Basic great value, Michelle and Adam along with all the staff were yet again, hospitable, accommodating, friendly and ticked all the boxes. I go with a group of guys landing on Sunday morning going home Wednesday evening and they make the whole experience, for such a short trip.......so worthwhile....well done you lot......fantastic

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 7, 2014

From the point of booking, right through to being dropped off at Geneva after four superb days ski-ing (3 night break), the holiday was faultless and exceeded all expectations. We got the 06:15 flight out of Gatwick and were on the slopes ski-ing at 11:30! On the last day, we also got a full day ski-ing in before having afternoon tea and departing at 18:00.

Upon arrival at the airport, we were immediately greeted by Adam and whisked off to Megeve. A quick transfer of around an hour and we were welcomed at the hotel by Michelle and the wonderful smell of coffee and croissants - a perfect (and unexpected!) welcome after an early start which set us up well for our days ski-ing. Lift passes were waiting for us (pre-arranged) and we were able to access our room, change and head off to the slopes straight away. For those whose rooms were not ready, they were given an area to freshen up and change. As Adam said 'you don't get up in the middle of the night unless you want to ski' and Michelle and her wonderful team did everything they could to get us out on the slopes as quickly as possible.

Our room was cosy, nicely presented, lovely and warm and offered all we needed. The location of the hotel is good and just a five minute flat walk from the bubble (or less to the bus stop). Megeve itself is the prettiest ski resort I have ever seen - like something from a fairy tale! An old French town with lots of character, bustling with people browsing a wonderful array of shops. Horse and carriages provide a great way of transport around the town (and to and from the slopes) and the river running through the town and its pretty little streets with old buildings all add to the charm.

For people who enjoy socialising (great for couples ski-ing on their own), Les Cimes is a perfect retreat as Michelle and her team go out of their way to create an incredibly social atmosphere. Canapes and drinks before dinner provide the opportunity to get to know the other guests and meal times are a very sociable affair. The food was superb (thank you Charlie!) and faultless. Wonderful home made cakes and tea when you arrive back in the afternoon after ski-ing, canapes before dinner, 3 superb courses, cheese and biscuits and plenty of wine to wash it down with (all included in the price!).

Cannot praise this hotel and its staff highly enough and I can see why so many of the other guests that were staying were on the second or so visit - hardly surprising the hotel has such a high level of repeat business, given the excellent value, friendly welcome, fantastic food, efficient transfers, option of ski-guiding (we had two great mornings with Adam showing us the best places to ski) and high level of customer service all of its team offer - we will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
ski017, Owner at Les Cimes, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Les Cimes and to Megeve, we are really quite spoilt here with the skiing, and the beautiful village of Megeve is quite stunning. We hope to see you back at Les Cimes next year, all the best, Michelle & Adam.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We have just returned from a very enjoyable 5 days in Megeve skiing. From the minute we arrived to the minute we left Michelle, Adam and team could not have been more welcoming or helpful. Nothing is too much trouble and the advice they provided was invaluable. We stayed in Room 7 right at the top of the hotel, Beautiful room, looks exactly like the pics on the webiste, and the beds are extremely comfortable, just what you need after a day skiing. Location is excellent, only 5 mins walk from cenre of town and main ski lift(10 mins if carrying skis) or free ski bus stops at end of the road. Food was amazing and a great relaxed atmosphere.
We will definately be booking to come back again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here about 7 years ago and really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, communal dining (which I'm not usually a great fan of!) plus the extras they do. On our return trip last week all of those are still there but now they have upgraded the rooms (good linen and pillows) and general areas so that you have a boutique style hotel as well. On both visits we have arranged airport transfer with Adam picking us up. So easy and just like a friend collecting you, filling you in on what the snow is like etc. We arrived about 11pm and in an email earlier Michele had asked us if we wanted them to save some dinner for us to have - its things like that, that make the difference. Food was fantastic from the breakfasts, to the cakes/biscuits waiting for you in the afternoon through to yummy dinners. We had a double room 4 which was 'compact' particularly with ski gear but once again Adam helped by suggesting that we could store our empty cases downstairs in their office - we didn't but it was a good idea. On checkout day they organised a room for guests ski-ing and then leaving to be able to shower and change for their return trip. All in all, a superb place to stay and I'd love to return with our grown up children and/or friends next year so that they can experience it all. I had lessons - which once again, were organised by Michele with a fab English (sorry Scottish!) instructor - Scott Henderson, whilst my husband took advantage of their ski hosting and skied with their fast group - so everyone happy! Definitely will return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smills2
Reviewed February 10, 2014

+ SIDE :-)
*************
1) Close to the city center (400m)
2) Close to ski lift (1km)

- SIDE :-(
************
1) Tiny room that barely fits 2 persons and the luggages (9m2)
2) Unclear prices
3) Limited hot water
4) Cannot close the shower (I'm 1m80 / 80 kg), too tiny
5) All the prices of the room have to be displayed, whatever is the occasion (legal obligation), they are not here, the owner takes advantage of the confusion.
6) You hear everything from the next rooms
6) Dishonest owner

EXPERIENCE
*******************
Firstly even though the experience was bad, I'm being objective, otherwise the rating would be below 0. Living in Geneva, I come in Megeve since 30 years every year, so I believe to have a fair idea of the city. Let me tell you what happened.

We booked a room close to new year to spend the 29/30/31 in Megeve. On the email the owner says that for this period " we have a twin room for the 29-30-31 at 330 half board and 250 EUR with breakfast". We agree and confirm the 250 EUR offer. Given their online prices (ranging from 70 to 110 given the season and month) we understood it was of course for the entire stay, matching the prices we saw online.

Arriving at the hotel, she tells me it is per night !! I check again the prices online, and also the (partial) prices displayed in the room, both supporting my position. She tells me that it is per night but that as we did a mistake we can maybe negotiate few Euros. 250 EUR per night for a box in a motel that doesn't even have one star ?!

Being terribly sure to be in my right, and seeing that the owner was trying to take advantage of the fact that I booked last minute to overcharge me, I call the Local Tourism Agency. They tell me I am in my right and that the range for this hotel is 70-110 euros maximum. Any other "special price" has to be displayed in the room and in the hotel (which of course isn't).

The next day I talk directly to the owner, showing her website prices, prices displayed in the room, prices in the tourism office and tell her I'm in my right. After a minute she admits I am right and agrees for the price of 330 EUR (should have been 250). She then continues the discussion talking to us about the snow, just like nothing happened..

Be careful, they do everything to confuse you with their prices, none are displayed in the hotel, and you need a degree to understand their winter prices on the website.

I do not recommend this hotel at all

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael T
ski017, Owner at Les Cimes, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

It’s always nice to be left a review but we are really quite taken aback with your comments.

Firstly the prices you quote ‘70 to 110 euros’ are in fact our summer prices and NOT our winter rates. We received an email from you via the Tourist Office with words to the effect of ‘Can you Help us, we have been let down and we have nowhere to stay over New Year, does anyone have a room available.

Unfortunately for us, we had a room available, it was very last minute which is why we gave the option of 250 euros bed and breakfast and 330 euros half board. Normally during this period it would be Half Board only. On checkout (not on arrival) you were given the bill and you assumed the price was for 3 nights and not one night.

It was New Year and to be honest the last thing I wanted was to insist that you paid the full amount as you generally assumed the price was for 3 nights. However, having 30 years experience of staying in Megeve you would of known that 3 nights for 250 euros over New Year was an incredibly amazing deal. Admittedly it was my error when quoting the price in an email that I did not write ‘per night’ my error which worked to your advantage!

When you arrived at the hotel – you seemed very happy with the room, if it was as dreadful as you suggest surely you would of said something at the time.

- The room is one of the smallest rooms in the hotel, approx. 12m2 – 13m2 which is in fact the minimum requirement for a double room and not 9m2 stated in your review. It was our last room available at the busiest time of the year.

- We have never had a problem with hot water in the hotel, if anything we are told the water is too hot but it is certainly not limited.

- If you had mentioned that you were 1.85 and 80kg in your email perhaps we could of said the room may be unsuitable for you.

- Just to clarify that the official rating for the hotel is 2 star and not 0 rated as your review mentions.

Whether a client books last minute or in advance it is not our policy to overcharge.

We wish you good luck next year with finding the same category hotel at the same price over the same period.