All reviewsstar hotelmontwoodshuttlespachaletmountainsmegeveskivillage
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Customer last

This write-up is meant as a warning to anyone intending to book a stay at the Chalet de Mont D'arbois. My wife and I spent 3 nights at the hotel between 14th-17th of July 2017.

It was our second stay at this hotel. The first time ( Jul 2015) everything was well taken care of. We had a Superior room overlooking the pool and with a splendid view of the surroundings.

Upon making our reservation this time I clearly specified to the booking agent that we would like to have the same room in the main building of the hotel and we've been assured that there is no problem having it....

Upon reserving we've been asked to pay up front 50% ( 1-1/2 days) of the cost of the total stay. It is the first time that a request of this sort has been made by any hotels we stayed at. It also proves the attitude of mistrust of the hotel Management towards its customers (we were a repeat customer). I have asked what may happen if we can't make the trip and were told that the whole 50% will be retained by the hotel.Totally outrageous...I've asked why do they do this and was told that this is the fiscal policy of the hotel ??!!

It so happened that on the same trip we stayed at another 2 Relais et Chateaux establishments (3 nights each)... The first one, the Hotel Ombremont in le Bourget du Lac asked us for a credit card number but didn't charge anything upfront. The second one was Hotel du Pere Bise in Talloires which charged 20% up front.....The financial policy of the Mont D'Arbois is not only out of line with the other Relais st Chateaux but it utterly unfair !

Upon arrival at the hotel around 13:00 we were escorted to a so called 'superior room' located at one of their adjacent cottages at 150 meters from the main building. This meant that in case we we were to use the pool and the health/spa facilities we would have had to use the shuttle. Dressed in bath robes ! They told us that we came 'late' and our promised room is not available along with any of the 'superior' rooms in the main building (we have paid already for the room so there was absolutely no excuse to give it away no matter what time we may have arrived) They offered a downgrade to a regular room....upon visiting that room, it turned out to be a real tiny cage with a view to the parking lot. At that point I took my luggage and was heading out of the hotel...Suddenly the same agent came to us asking if she could show us another room. It turned out to be a superior room, that magically became available.

In general, the hotel is well maintained and the service is adequate. The 1920 restaurant is wonderful,

I suggest the hotel,management should change their policies , before starting to lose trusted customers.

Along these lines, I would suggest that anyone making a booking at the hotel requests a specific room confirmation before having to go through our experience.

Room Tip: Choose Room 360. make them certify it in writing
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marc G
Reviewed July 8, 2017

hotel is a countryside style, a lot of heavy wood yet most luxury.
very warm welcome and amazing service.
rooms are luxurious and very big.
spa area is a bit small but really nice ( we were not to many people in the spa so it was ok )
great great restaurant and great bar.
allover a 5 star hotel no doubt!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Booked in total 3 nights . The location is on mountain and very near to the ski point .
Got an upgrade suite , with very beautiful stunning views of mountain . Had dinner in their 2 star restaurants with 10 courses chef menu,very satisfying .
Rooms are clean and well decorated in the theme of deer.
Shower is very good and powerful , water is hot enough , toilet and bathroom were very clean .
They offer shuttle form hotel to village centre if you do not have car. Of cos , free for your car parking .

Just the wifi is bit week as my room was bit away from the central building . It is pet friendly hotel, I had happy with my dog and my friend as a ski holiday .

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2017

What a wonderful hotel! It felt just like home. Everybody was smiling and welcoming! It makes such a differerence! The rooms are really comfortable, all in wood, the bathrooms are lovely and very clean. Super breakfasts!
A two star restaurant to dine in, but I strongly advise to book well in advance!
A super shuttle service to take you to the various restaurants or into town!
All in all we had a lovely time and I definitely recommend this wonderful chalet!

Room Tip: We were on the top floor and it was great!
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ingeborg123
Reviewed January 9, 2017

We spent four days in this lovely property. It is situated outside Megeve centre but very easily accessible with a very comfortable shuttle service to the center of the village.

The rooms are comfortable , the breakfast is good but not extraordinary, considering that is served out of a two Michelin star kitchen.

The front desk is efficient and all in all we had a pleasant stay . My main concern is that the hotel, albeit stunning from the outside , lacks the charm of a cozy Haute Savoy Chalet and is somehow stiff. The staff is attentive but not in a relaxed way, which makes the atmosphere awkward at times .

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family