“I love this place”

Ranked #17 of 127 Restaurants in Megeve
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The food and service is great. It's a classic It has not changed
since the first time we went there. The fois gras and the duck confit are my favorites.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

We dined at Le Prieure with friends and chose the 40 euro menu. The food was excellent and the service was friendly and super-efficient. The ambiance of the restaurant is wonderful, it's a lovely old building with many nooks and an open fire, and tastefully decorated. A good end to our visit to Megeve.

Reviewed February 18, 2012

My family of four dined here on our ski trip to Megeve. The service was excellent and the food outstanding. The price fixed special of the day was a regional speciality and fabulous. The Risotto Aravis was also excellent. The wine list was good and had a few good half-bottles of wine to choice from. Desserts were also good. The interior is cozy and quaint and not surprisingly the seating is a little tight but that's part of the experience (it's a five hundred year old building). We found the prices to be in line for a restaurant of this caliber and frankly reasonable for Megeve which is an expensive ski town. We did not find it a tourist trap as another person mentioned and indeed we noticed French speaking customers around us who appeared to be from the region.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

’d somehow stupidly forgotten to reserve anywhere for dinner on a Friday night so we traipsed round asking for a table for 2 at at least 6 restaurants before trying Le Prieure. I had presumed that it would be full as it’s right on the village square. It looked fairly expensive (but then it became apparent over the course of the week that EVERYTHING was expensive) and thankfully they had a table. It is a small, cosy restaurant with a really friendly atmosphere and fantastically friendly staff. We decided to go all out as it was our last night and we had euros burning a hole in our pockets! I’d got the gist of the menu but the waitress gave us some extra help – I had the scallops to start and it was one of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten! Then chateaubriand for main (really pushing the boat out) which was exquisite! To die for and worth every penny. Sadly our stomachs wouldn’t let us eat another thing but a glance across at another table having coffee made us very envious as they were served with beautiful looking macaroons. We spent 125 EUROs for 2 courses and beer but in Megeve you get what you pay for and we got one of the most delicious and enjoyable meals we’ve ever had. I can’t recommend Le Prieure enough – fantastic ending to our holiday.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have eatedn here many times and it is always excellent