“Another good stay”

Hotel Chalet d'Antoine
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Megeve
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was my 4th year staying at Chalet Antoine and good as always. The food was excellent - congrats to Toby and the team for great quality catering. They have upgraded their WiFi to all of the chalet but its very slow. The instruction was good. BUT - The prices for the massages were quite a jump from last year (for example the 30 minute pre ski leg massage was €20 in 2012 and it went up to €35 in 2013). Two main gripes I do have was that I booked transfers with the owners direct 4 months prior to the trip and they cancelled the week before. Admittedly they sourced another transfer company but it was more expensive and I think that they should have swallowed the extra cost. We also had some friends stay at the sister property, the Soleil d’Or and for another year running the hot water ran out most days. This is not great when you come in form a full day skiing. Please get it sorted!!! I have booked already for next year as enjoy it so much - just some niggly points. Its worth the extra money to stay at the Antione.

Room Tip: We stayed in 303 and its good for two to three guests. It has a double bed and a seperate twin bedd...
There are newer reviews for Hotel Chalet d'Antoine

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I'm going to keep this one quite short as most others have voiced my opinions already.

This was mine and my partners 3rd year in a row staying with Simon Butler Skiing. Each time we have visited with a different group of friends. Every single time each of them have been blown away with just how special this family (company) is.

Before I book somewhere I always read these reviews and often wonder whether my money will be spent well for my one special, needed week away. TRUST ME, ITS WORTH IT.

Put it this way, one afternoon after we had finished lunch and a brilliant morning of lessons myself and 3 others in my group went out skiing to work on what we had just learnt. One of our group wasn't very confident with skiing as it was her first time. One of the instructors were on their way back to the village and happened to notice us, they stopped to see how we were getting on. He ended up working with us for 3 hours out of the kindness of his heart. After the 3 hours the not so confident member of our group was now flying. Where else would you get that kind of service?

These people LOVE their jobs.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Chalet d'Antoine is ideally place for all the amenities in Megeve, free ski buses, everything you need for an excellent holiday. Ski instruction is brilliant, all the instructors are good fun and help you to learn new skills no matter what level you are or think you are. Our accommodation was splendid with the chalet staff friendly and courteous.First class food and wine with a good selection at breakfast, packed lunches available, back after a good days skiing for tea and cakes in the afternoon followed later by dinner three courses with wine. Next morning it all starts again if you ski or wish to learn you will not find a better place than Simon Butler Skiing we will be back again!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maurice B
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have just returned from my third trip to the d'Antoine and have booked again for next year. The ski tuition was superb and the chalet very comfortable. Pete is an excellent manager - nothing is too much trouble - and all the staff our lovely. Toby's cooking is first rate and he is wonderful in preparing special diets when requested. A big bonus this year was the fantastic snow which made for excellent skiing.

Room Tip: Most people ask for rooms at the back as they think it will be quieter, but I have had no problems...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have just returned from a very successful ski holiday staying in the Chalet d'Antoine. We were made to feel most welcome and were well cared for throughout our visit. Pete (manager) is delightful and nothing is too much trouble. The evening meals are superb. We enjoyed the ski tuition and the company of the rest of the folk in our group.All in all a good time was had by all!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Just returned from a week with Simon Butler staying at the Chalet d'Antoine. I had a really lovely holiday, the ski school is excellent the chalet is very cosy and comfortable with a friendly atmosphere. All the staff are delightful and so willing to help with anything you might need. Brilliant area to ski and we were lucky to have 4 sunny days with plenty of snow!

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter at the back of the chalet and the top floor is noisy as the rooms are closer toget...
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We've stayed with Simon Butler Skiing in both the Antoine and the Soleil d'Or. Both offer great bases to take part in the ski packages (with lessons) that Simon and his team provide. Although the Antoine is a tad more luxurious (and therefore more expensive) than the Soleil, I have no complaints about either. The food in both is excellent.