“Hotel Alpaga Megeve”
Review of Alpaga

Alpaga
Ranked #6 of 37 Hotels in Megeve
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Alpaga for a week's worth of skiing in Megeve end of Feb-early March 2013 with my wife and some friends. The hotel is located far away from the vilage and the ski lifts, however this isn't a problem as the shuttle service they run is quick and efficient. The rooms (we stayed in mid-range deluxe) are on the small side, but the views from the balconies (every room has one) are excellent. The spa is good and the food at breakfast is delicious. One big downside is the patchy service we received, both from front desk/concierge and at the restaurant at breakfast - good on some occasions, indifferent bordering on horrible on others without any consistency whatsoever - owners please take note to invest more in staff training. Overall ok if overpriced hotel, but the poor service received prevents me from recommending it to others and we won't stay there again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Anton S
Franck J, Directeur général at Alpaga, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for taking time to make your observations regarding L'Alpaga.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and we regret that our staff services did not correspond to your needs. Our main goal is to offer a consistent product and service to each and every one of our guests and we will do the necessary to improve and guarantee the same 5 stars service everyday and every time.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at the Alpaga.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a nice hotel. But I d'ont like the distance of the city.
You always need the free navet! The breakfast is ok, diner is not good.
The staff is really helpfull and great, there is nothing to say about it!
But I prefer Courchevel and never go back to Megeve!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank michael v
Franck J, Directeur général at Alpaga, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending your impressions about the Alpaga Megève.
We are concerned about the disappointment you had with your dinner experience and we would be pleased to welcome you in the future in a way you can enjoy our restaurant and discover the charm of Megeve, considered the most famous village in the Alps for the last century.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at hotel Alpaga for 5 nights in Feb for a ski trip, fantastic hotel and excellent service. Our room was nice but I did not like the fact it was a 2 stories room (loft) which is perfect if you have children. Food is very delicious and the restaurant is very lovely. The SPA is outstanding and you will appreciate it after a long day on the slope. The only issue we had was for the shuttle bus which will take you to & from the village. In some cases, you might wait for about 30 minutes to get the shuttle. I would prefer if there is a time table for the shuttle (every 15 minutes) so hotel guests can arrange their self’s and know when to be ready. Overall, ALPAGA experience was magnificent and I would strongly recommend staying at the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Franck J, Directeur général at Alpaga, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for sharing your comments and such good words about us.
We were very pleased to welcome you at l'Alpaga and to contribute to the success of your holidays.
We have well noted your remarks and will do your best to improve our shuttle service.
Seen you very soon in Megève,
Very best wishes,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I love traveling and staying in new properties. I've been all around the world including ski resorts like Courchevel for many times. Do not cheer up by expecting something like Courchevel if you are going to Megeve but don't think about staying somewhere else than Alpaga! I stayed at Alpaga Megeve very recently for five days. Me and my friend chose the 'Signature Room' which gave us a lot of space that we needed to relax and enjoy in a mountain resort. From the very first moment, I was impressed with Alpaga's way of construction - mixed chalets merge from the basement - brilliant idea. The hotel rooms were cozy and luxurious, offering picturesque views of the Mont Blanc. Even the hotel is not situated in the village centre, the shuttle service was quick enough. The Colline SPA was very good including the pool. Breakfast could include more options to the hotel guests but everything was delicious. Especially, the dinner at Table d'Alpaga was just the same as of a Michelin starred restaurant - I would like to thank and congratulate the chef. Additionally, the staff were very friendly! One of the reception staff - the lady from Brazil was very helpful & always smiling - thank you! Alpaga will definitely be my address/home in Megeve from now on.

Room Tip: Get a double-decker signature room - very cozy!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

What can I say after reading your comment...except THANK YOU!
I will share it with our team and especially with our Chef Christophe and Cécilia our Reception Manager.
We were happy to have you with us and hope you come back very soon...now you know you have your home in Megève.
Very best wishes from all of us,

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I almost gave it 3 stars. It's a 5 star hotel that is really 4 stars. Room selection is really important. We stayed in the rooms above the restaurant and at 6am each morning you hear all the noise of the staff preparing the dinning room for breakfast. Really annoying. The rooms were beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Certain rooms have very high ceilings which gives the room a much larger feeling...I definitely suggest asking for a room with high ceiling in the building without the restaurant (I think those rooms are #20+).

The resort is just outside of town and I preferred staying in town so I could walk out the front door and have cafes and restaurants right there. You have to take a shuttle to get to the ski areas or downtown. We actually walked to town most times and took a horse carriage back for 29E.

There were several problems with the service which I wouldn't expect at a 5 star resort which is why I rate it 4 stars. The management was accommodating, but it still left a bad impression.

Room Tip: Do not take a room over the restaurant.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Franck J, Directeur général at Alpaga, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Firstly, let us say that we are extremely concerned to read about your review. We really appreciate receiving comments from our guests, not only to strengthen our purpose to serve all of you the best way, but also to improve where necessary. Please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointments you may have had during your stay at the Alpaga and we are looking forward to surprise and delight you on your next trip to the Mont Blanc country.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My recent stay at the Alpaga was very satisfying. The property is new construction. I can not emphasize this enough. A lot was invested in this property. The staff is well at hand, speaks english and is focused on the guests. I was not disappointed. You will definitely enjoy your stay here.
It is boutique in size (not many rooms that I can see) but very well staffed and is located away from the Village in a residential area. You must take their navette (shuttle) to get to the village- a 5 minute ride. However walking is not an option. The shuttle is always available at a quick notice for either taking you to the village or picking you up from a designated pickup spot (the rendez-vous) at one end of the village. For restaurants they will drop you off and pick you up at the specific location. The shuttle is an important part of the equation which the staff realizes and it did end up working out well for us.
The room I had was a "classic" level on the second story. The bathroom was luxurious and included a heated stone floor with a soaking tub as well as a modern glass cubed shower.
Because the room was on the second floor the ceiling sloped down to a 4 foot wall on the far side of the room (like in an attic) and I did hit my head once when I got up in the night- forgetting to duck. This room did boast a very private balcony with a table and two chairs with a nice view of the mountains beyond. The turn down service included lighting a candle on the table which was a nice touch.
I enjoyed especially the breakfast which is served buffet style with a large asssortment of bread pastries yogurt, juices and cereals. They also will take your order for an omlette packcakes or a sunny side up style egg at no extra charge.
I ate at the restaurant for dinner one night and found it enjoyable albeit rather expensive and with smaller portions than I would have preferred. However there is something to say for all the convience of staying on the property for the evening.
The club house reception area has a staffed bar and with several cozy seating arrangements for conversation. Unlike a typical hotel lobby you feel like you could hang out here and the staff would not mind. In the sub terrainian level below the reception / clubhouse is a small pool, steam room and sauna and spa treatment facility. The pool is meant more for wading (sort of like a giant jacuzzi) rather than swimming. The water temperature was around 90 degrees F. The pool has jets that shoot a very strong and wonderfully fine champagne bubble force against your sore back etc. I went under water and glided toward the seating side of the pool and hit my head (again!) against the edge of the outcropped seating bench on the jet side of the pool. From under water It was not noticeable and it had a narrow designer edge that actually cut my scalp. Ouch!
Enjoy Megeve and the Hotel Alpaga!

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for taking your time to write your comment about the Alpaga. We really appreciate receiving positive comments from our guests. All feedbacks are very important in order to improve our quality and services.
We are looking forward to welcome you again to enjoy Megève and the Alpaga.
Warmest Regards and, once again, thank you very much.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed for one night only at this stunning hotel. On arrival, we were a little disappointed that there was a wedding ongoing and we were not able to eat in the hotel restaurant. However, the amazing service and friendliness of all the staff really made up for it. In less then 5 minutes they had completed our check-in, booked us a table in an amazing restaurant (Fer au Cheval) with transfer, brought the baggage to the room and explained all other necessities. I do not think I have ever experienced such outstanding, efficient service.

The hotel itself is beautiful in a modern chalet style, the spa was very pleasant and clean, if a little on the small side. The massage was great and we had a beatiful room.

Already looking forward to going back sometime very soon!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Franck J, Directeur général at Alpaga, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the time you spent in writting your comment. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will be glad to welcome you very soon and to let you discover our Restaurant La Table de l'Alpaga.
All the best from Megève,