“Pleasant, central restaurant”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Very popular Megeve restaurant which gets busy after 8.30 and its essential to book. The restaurant has a rotisserie so ensure you ask for a table away from the heat! Tables on the edges of the restaurant and windows are the best. Good choice of food and wine although the table wine glasses are poor value as very small. Best to order a bottle. There are better restaurants but this is a good option if eating out several evenings.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

The food was great, the desert was excellent, so here is the best reason to revisit this restaurant. But it wasn't all the atmosphere and the service are also great. We had a lovely evening.

1  Thank MIM62
Reviewed January 8, 2014

it is not prententious ,the service is professional and friendly.
food is good and the deco warm and make you feel in the mountain..
we were 7 of us and with 2 bottle of wine , 1 beer and some soft drinks we paid les than euros 300.
i have no reproach to make .

1  Thank thierry F
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We really enjoyed the evening. Food, service and atmosphere all excellent. Unusually after eating out in Megeve we felt it was very good value considering the quality of the food. Highly recommended.

1  Thank AndreaHaywood
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was very concerned about my publication here about this restaurant. But I think that the main purpose of these traveller´s blogs is to share experiences. I really liked the restaurant, the ambience, the staff attention, the food was awesome. But when I was finishing the salad I found a shell in the bottom of my salad bowl. I immediately thought it was just a shell but suddenly it started moving. It was snail, a very alive snail. I took it in my hands and placed in the glass to see it clearly. My family started being stomach sick while I was just concerned if that animal could cause any disease to me. It has 9 days and nothing happened (thanks God!). I called the waiter and showed him. Very discreet, no alarm (but shocked), he took the glass and went inside the kitchen. I asked the check and, of course, they didn´t charged the salad. I just didn´t like the way they handled the whole situation, as if nothing had happened. I think they should, at least, have apologized again and not bringing the bill without the salad as if i hadn´t eatten one. I really don´t have condition to evaluate this restaurant, I just exposed what happend to me. I think it was a so atypical situation that they didn´t know how to manage that. For this reason I´ll fill in only as average although I liked everything else and would repeat again, preferably without the snail.

1  Thank Mdsf1000
ChaletSaintGeorges, Directeur général at La Table du Trappeur, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Sir,

I hereby just read your comments regarding your lunch at our restaurant.
First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for that incident, which, of course, annoyed you and troubled your family.
Be assured this is the first time, and the Chef is going to improve again his quality control about the sorting out and the cleaning of the salad.
Our Chef is very vigilant concerning the quality and the freshness of the foodstuffs; that’s the reason why this is not a ready-made salad but effectively a fresh salad which is prepared in our kitchen. This is an explanation of this incident, which is, nevertheless, inexcusable…

I asked the waiter about the way he handled this incident: he confirmed me he asked you to changed your salad; you declined and decided to order the main-course… Of course, this salad has not been charged on your bill, and he offered free coffees in order to apologize again.

I do hope you will come again in Megève: therefore, we will have the pleasure to welcome you again at LA TABLE DU TRAPPEUR and make you enjoy the cuisine of our Chef and forget this bad memory…
In the meantime,