“What a way to start a weekend in Lyon”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Epicerie

L'Epicerie
Ranked #107 of 3,228 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Cordeliers - Jacobins
“What a way to start a weekend in Lyon”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Our first stop on a weekend in Lyon and what a way to get you in the mood!! Such a buzzy, cool, eclectic spot. Loud French music, mismatched tables and chairs, old fashioned plates made us feel we were away! We shared a rillette of duck tartine and a pichet of wine and left feeling like natives. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because we didn't have enough food to comment fully but what we had was great and for atmosphere alone it would have 5!

• Polish first
New York City, New York
“Great Place for a Light(ish) lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

In this neighborhood (close to the Saint Antoine market), it is hard to find a decent place that doesn't want to feed you a multiple course lunch featuring heavy Lyonnaise specialties. If you are looking for something lighter, this is a good bet. Basically a soup and tartine place, much like Le Pain Quotidien. The food is pretty good (assuming you like tartines), but don't expect a gourmet meal. I had a jambon cru et courgette tartine (cured ham and zucchini), which was a first for me, but which was pretty good. It is crowded, buzzy, and you share tables. It is also efficient, friendly, quick, and not expensive. I rate is very good, not because it compares with a better restaurant or bouchon, but because for what it is, it is great.

• Visited January 2013
Lyon, France
“Let's eat frenchie !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

For once I will write in english as this place is a "must see" for all our visitors !
Guys this is old school french épicerie and you will experience not the best food ever (but the most original bread tartine) but you will be charmed by the place itself.
Plus do not forget the pichet of wine and one of the fabulous dessert !
Even if you will have to be patient to get in as there is no reservation and it is often full DONT LEAVE LYON WITHOUT EATING TARTINES !

• Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“not sure what the fuss is about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

good, affordable tartines. good desserts. nothing life changing. if I happen to be nearby, I would go for a quick lunch or a late night snack but not really worth going out of my way for.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mongoose79
Lyon, France
“Fantastic for all!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I am studying abroad in Lyon for the semester and I cannot stop coming back here! They have the best tartines I have ever had, and everything is extremely affordable. The soup of the day is also perfect for a cold day, but be warned that it is not that big. However, one tartine is fulling enough, and there isn't a single bad option on the menu. My personal favorite is the chèvre et miel (goat cheese and honey) but my friends are also a huge fan of the trois fromage. But no matter what you choose, you will leave satisfied!