“Skip it”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Plenty nice things we heard before...but really what happened with the chef????
Lobotomy?
Vegetables over cooked, not enough basic salt in food!!!!!
If sometime this chef was good, that time is over, for sure.
Bouchon in which at the entrance are photos of all nice and importing people that were there and the chef, could be a sign that they are playing on the only card left - their old reputation.

1  Thank tikiNicosia

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to this restaurant because we read it was great and the cook used to be the best cook in France. However, honestly I do not know what has happened to him since, he must have had a lobotomy because we have gone for lunch menu and not only was it not anything special, it was even below the average. The meat was tasteless, we had to add quite a bit of salt, the vegetables were overcooked-which is a beginners mistake, the only really delicious thing were the potatoes which we got as a side dish, but we had to salt them too! The waiter placed a lamb dish in front of me and went on convincing me it was pork which I cannot stand, so I almost gagged when I triednit. Not impressed!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great food, not touristy, good price. Nothing bad to say about it. Nice eating space I doors and outside. We had a variety of dishes and everyone was happy with their meal. We had two young children (<5y) and the wait staff was v good with them.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Had one of the most flavorful lamb dishes of my life at Daniel et Denise. Greens in the salads were perfect, and dessert was very good. The place is always packed, so reservations are a must. One annoyance -- we have eaten there twice (usually the only Americans in the place), and have been given the same table (next to the kitchen) both times. Seems non-random to me...

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Recently opened Daniel et Denise Saint Jean, 50 m from Vieux-Lyon metro station and Fourvière funicular, is if anything even better than the original rue Créqui restaurant. My wife had the Menu du Canut (Pâté en croûte, Quenelle, Cervelle de Canut, Sorbet du Vigneron), I ate à la carte and had a Volaille de Bresse. With 2 Kirs and a bottle of excellent Brouilly this set us back 100 euros, but what a meal! This is by far the best and most reliable Bouchon we know in Lyon.