“Amazing ! ”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Amazing ! ”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I assume this place is the one alongside Rhones river. A must visit for their quick and attentive service. As I was new to the city, I asked for recommendations. And I was not disappointed by the Bo Bun noodle wok paired with a great house wine !

Barstow, California
“Great spot for Asian food!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We found ourselves wandering around, like always, looking for a place to eat dinner. We went through this one area of Lyon that had quite a number of restaurants but none really called to me. The area was adjacent to the shopping area so there were a lot of people who like to be seen. We walked over toward the river La Sabine, and stumbled upon Mendo.

It is a rather large restaurant with sidewalk tables as well. The menu looked interesting, sort of a cross between several Asian foods: Chinese, Japanese, and Thai. We were greeted warmly and decided to stay. Tonight would be beer night, since they had a nice selection of Asian beers. I ordered a Tsing Tao, but I guess my Chinese/French accent made it sound like "Saigon," so that's what they brought me. It was actually very good, so a happy mistake.

We ordered the shui mai and gyozas to start and they were very good. I could see the cooks in the open kitchen and they were all Asian, so that was a good sign. We also ordered a chicken teriyaki dish and the pad thai with chicken. Both dishes were good as well. I'm thinking that we had the duck fried rice, but I didn't get a picture cause we devoured it. Everything came out in a timely manner and the service was very attentive and fun. My French isn't good, and our server's English wasn't great either, so we laughed each time we tried to communicate.

Overall, we had a very enjoyable meal at Mendo. The ambiance is relaxing, especially on an off night during dinner. I did wonder what it was like during either the lunch or dinner rush. I would definitely come back if and when we return to Lyon. We would've during this trip, but there was so much more to eat elsewhere in the city.

• Visited July 2013
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Really good Asian food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you know and like the Wagamama chain in the UK this place is for you, they have a really good and varied Asian menu, the staff are extremely friendly, helpful and attentive even when the restaurant is completely full and they're rushed off their feet. The decor is in the contemporary Asian "refectory" style where everyone sits at large contemporary style tables on benches and you share tables with others. This restaurant is definitely a great lunchtime place to eat with friends, more a young persons place than a romantic evening date place. All in all great service, vibrant atmosphere, great menu and at the right price. Tres bien!

• Visited December 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Simple, nothing special”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

There are two Mendos in Lyon. This review relates to 30 Quai Saint-Antoine. Simple food nicely presented. Coming from Australia which has great Asian food diversity and excellent quality the food here while good was not up to the standard I'm use to.

• Visited December 2012
Paris, France
“Great concept for fresh Asian”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Lovely menu choices with small and large appetizers offered. The Pad Thai was excellent and so was the beef Pho. The fresh spring roll was so great and the sauce had a different sweetness. Whoever created the restaurant, menus and recipes did a great job. Bravo!!