“Do NOT go”

Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Griffon - Royale
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The two things going for it are past reputation and a lot of staff. If you go for the reputation and stay for the staffing numbers (who deliver a mediocre service) then go here and prepare to spend 300 euros + for a meal. If you want good food, with friendly staff, take your custom elsewhere. The excellent nature of Lyonnaise cuisine not at all shown at its best here.

Date of visit: February 2019
La Mère B, Responsable relations clients at La Mere Brazier, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

....Do NOT come back

I am sad to read your message that lacks objectivity.
If you have a few moments, I do invite you to read the other comments ... ..
And you will understand that you may not be the best disposition on the day of your meal with us.

Best regards

Write a reviewReviews (982)

Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

The food was superb, the service was all you would hope for in a restaurant with this reputation. The atmosphere is somewhat but not overly formal. Here were a few surprises for me: The portions were larger than I expected , so I would have ordered a smaller number of courses; there were some very nice wines on the list for well under 100 euro, ours was a very good white burgundy for 52 euro.
The $$$$ is for real. Our bill was just over 300 euro for the two of us. But if want an excellent experience with excellent food, you will love it here. Book early!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

When dining at Michelin restaurants, each one of us set high expectations that the chef de cuisine will showcase her/his flair and cater to the food trends in order to please us, who know that the prices will be extreme.

I give it a 10 out of 10. My date has dined at 30+ Michelin and believes the value at $350 per person here is immensely important to mention, since most range well above $500 - $1200 per person.

Friendly, bilingual accommodating wait staff as expected but oh la la, we enjoyed the amuse bouche immensely, raising the bar for what was to follow. The beet / cranberry bread served with choice of salted, unsalted butter and olive oil, to please any patron. We did the tasting menu and wine pairing.

The first course was ceviche John Dory, with fish roe that created a tremendous mouth experience.

The 2nd course was shrimp chilled, topped with granita, layered over a delicious gelee.

The 3rd course was crispy red mullet, served table-side in a smoker along with stuffed zucchini blossom, and a Parmesan lace. Outstanding, exceptional.

The 4th course was a beautiful presentation of pigeon, especially tasteful.

Naturally, the cheese choices were varied and diverse with the return of their delicious bread options.

You'll delight over the dessert (photo attached), lemoncello marscapone and delicious berries.

You'll never eat local cuisine at a Michelin restaurant - don't expect Lyonnaise cuisine but a refined dining experience worthy of your wallet.

PS: Reserve a private dining room of which there were many since you are dining in a former residence.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank VoilaGirl
Reviewed July 12, 2019 via mobile

First time at a Michelin 2-star restaurant and the service was amazing, as was the food. Attention to detail, and wonderful mixtures of flavors abounded. A often the dishes had several small bits of some flavorful elements, so each bite was a different. All dishes were excellent.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 4, 2019 via mobile

Everything was fantastic. I actually don’t really eat duck but it was delicious.

We just got back from Europe last night and my husband told me that he forgot to tip the dinner in Lyon on June 23rd. I’d like to apologize. I didn’t know. We both had miscommunication obviously. I told my husband about reading some article about how and when to tip while in Europe and somehow take it different way. We always tip everywhere we go it doesn’t matter where especially when we’re very happy about everything.

The service was also excellent! Everyone was attentive & friendly.

If there is anyway for us to fix it to give the tip we would.

The atmosphere also is very nice, romantic & chic.

Date of visit: June 2019