“You will remember to this meal, worth the two Michelin star” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Mere Brazier

La Mere Brazier
Reserve with
La Mere Brazier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 3,203 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Griffon - Royale
Neusiedl am See, Austria
“You will remember to this meal, worth the two Michelin star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

An old restaurant having it's new breath thanks to the talented chef Mathieu Viannay. Old, rich bourgeois décor everywhere, fine chine, everything you expect from a two-starred restaurant.
The menu reflects the old traditions of the house revisited and modernized by the chef. It gives to your palate very nice combinations without feeling you full, as it is usual in Lyon.
Also, he is very generous on truffle.
Excellent wine selection and very helpful sommeliers.
Try the wine bar beside, if you can't reserve here.
Bon appétit, you will remember to this meal for long time!

2 Thank InnSi

• Chinese (Traditional) first
elgotto1@aol.com
“Culinary Experience of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated like the most special people they had been waiting for! We don't even speak much French and it made absolutely no difference to this attentive and professional staff. To say our meal was indescribable would be as close to the truth as I can get. The beauty of the presentations were outdone by the scrumptious flavours and textures, each bite a delight for the senses. We went for lunch which is more affordable and were sorry we couldn't book in again during our stay in this city known for amazing restaurants. The amuse bouche selections were as inventive and exciting as the ordered dishes and the surprises just kept on coming. Without doubt I would recommend anyone traveling to Lyon not too miss this spectacular experience. Meeting Mathieu after our meal was the perfect ending! Thank you Mathieu and staff

4 Thank elgotto
Singapore, Singapore
“Magical, unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

First ever experience in a 2-starred Michelin restaurant. We drove all the way from Paris to Lyon to what must be one of France's culinary meccas. Tasting menu was out of this world, wine service impeccable, service staff that made us feel as if we were at a family lunch, and a dashing, supremely talented Chef who cared enough to actually greet us, seat us at a beautiful corner in the restaurant. Utterly unpretentious, supremely comfortable, and unforgettable. My wife and I will definitely go back for our anniversary some time in the near future!

2 Thank Jeffrey Y
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,003 helpful votes
“Magic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had an odd feeling as we arrived and sat in a room with white tiles on the walls. It seemed cold and lacked warmth and we felt this wasn't going to go well. We needn't have worried. It all made sense as time went on and like sort of looking at the Mona Lisa ( I don't know why this has been chosen as the world icon in art...to me it is just plain boring) we settled in and then others joined the room to dine. The staff were lovely and the lady so friendly and patient with me...especially for the wines.

The food. Wow....this is where it all came together. I have eaten in quite a few Michelin starred from 1 to 3 star restaurants, and they just have that edge, have that something special. There is something special here at La Mere Brazier. We enjoyed a wonderful dining experience that satisfied every sense of my palate.

We had different menus. I chose the Classique and my gorgeous GF the menu du saison. For me the mix of foie gras and artichokes didn't do it thought the pate was excellent. My GF mackerel was fairly tasteless. I am delighted to say from here it just got better! My Mousseline de brochet Homard was a work of art, beautifully cooked and artistically plated. My GF's pintade beautifully flavoured. The piece de resistance had to be the chocolate cube. I am a dessert addict and this certainly did it for me! Superb. My soufflé was far too large a portion as to distract from it and also far too firm. Perfectly ripened cheeses rounded off an overall great meal.

Yes we had some issues but like all art this can often to do with the eye of the beholder. I may not have thought the soufflé was good, the pate and artichoke a wonderful match...others would disagree. But we could see that this is a special place to dine, wine and enjoy.

I always have great respect for chefs who come to table and see how his guests are. What a charming and talented man Chef Mathieu Viannay is.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Harleyclarkey
miami
“The best place in Lyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

When luxury and perfect food is at your table, then you found a restaurant to remember forever. That what La mere brazier is. Just perfection. This place is a temple of good taste in every sense. The service staff works as a Switzerland guard. The food presentation was impeccable. After 3 weeks in Europe (including London, Rome and Paris) I can say this is best restaurant we went to.