“What a great place with great people !”
Review of Villa Florentine

Villa Florentine
Ranked #11 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had found the hotel on the internet and had high expectations. The hotel was perfectly situated, in a former convent, with a breathtaking view. Our room overlooked the pool area wih the steaming hot tub.The staff is professional and extremly welcoming, they went out of their way to make sure we were enjoying our stay. From our nice welcome drink, the concierge insising on showing us on a map all the sights to see, to the manager who came all the way to the door to say goodby when we left. The restaurant is a must ! We had a delicious meal with superbe wines recommended by the very enthousiastic wine waiter, the chef came to our tabel to say hello and receive our coments.  A big thank you for making our stay sutch an unforgettable experience ! We will tell all our friends about the Villa Florentine

Room Tip: Ask for a nice room with a view, make sur to bring your bathing suit !
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

Your review is our greatest reward ! Thank you very much for sharing your experience on this website.

We hope that we will soon have the chance to welcome you back

Sincerely .

Villa Florentine Director

There are newer reviews for Villa Florentine

Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Hotel is in a great location: everything from shopping to dining and museum in walking distance.
This property is superb, and the service is somehow even better.
Everyone was extremely nice and helpful and seemed to really want to go out of their way to fulfill my requests and keep my children happy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sara G
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at La Villa Florentine !
I am glad to read you had a pleasant experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in Lyon.

Best regards.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We are very sad to report that whilst the food was as expected for a starred restaurant, the hotel was a complete rip off. So many things were so wrong I hardly know where to start. Was it the lack of hot water in the shower ? Sorry, did I say shower ? I mean pathetic handset attached to the bath tap with no hook to hang it on. Was it the temperature of the water that tried in a mean dribble to come out of it ? Was it the complete lack of hand towel rails by the basins or the bidet ? - Climbing into the bath to get a towel from the rack behind the shower screen with wet hands and your shoes on would not be for everyone - should I take my shoes off first with wet hands ? Should I leave them on and hope i don't damage the bath or slip my self ? Was it the fact that on stupidly leaving all my luxurious and desirable makeup behind and calling as soon as I realised that evening, not only did the manager fail to "find" it again but didn't even grant my very polite email request with a reply. Lets get to the architecture. Forget this hotel if you are at all disabled, even slightly. It is a badly designed warren of small staircases. We would not in any way recommend this hotel and will never stay there again. It was not cheap. We have had better experiences at the Novotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here it's really badly designed and managed.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank becRome
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Madam,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write to us.

As I mentioned on the phone this January 18th , I pay specific attention to your justified and constructive remarks and would like to repeat my deepest apologies for the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Your comfort and wellbeing are our only reason for doing the job we do.

As such, please accept our invitation to come back and to give us the opportunity to show you the real Villa Florentine experience in a nice suite.

I hope to hear you for a very soon reservation.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 8, 2013

On arrival, we were greeted with a welcome glass of champagne and then shown to our room overlooking the pool and Lyon. Having once been a convent, the main reception areas has some interesting architectural features.
The room was large and comfortable, clean and had a good en suite. Because we were there on a Sunday night, the Terasse restaurant was closed for dinner which gave us the adventure of going down the adjacent 267 step long stairway into the old town to a nearby restaurant where we mixed with the locals and ate Lyonnaise.
Breakfast on the terrace was excellent,if typical and with spectacular views over Lyon.

Room Tip: Main building top floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

It is with great pleasure that I read your sentiment following your stay at Villa Florentine.
I am bewitched to read that it was a pleasant time for you.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next coming to Lyon.

Best regards

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love this hotel and I maybe biased as I am originally from Lyon. Having moved to Paris to kickstart my career, I always love to come back to my hometown. I must say that this hotel is in an excellent location and always makes me feel at home. The rooms, service, food, and ambiance is just excellent. I recommend this hotel highly, whether you are traveling with friends, family, or your partner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Almondew
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa Florentine !
I am glad to read you had a pleasant experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in Lyon.

Best regards.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Villa Florentine sits atop the hill over the city of Lyon and has an excellent view. Service is excellent and the food is delicious. The hotel is beautifully decorated and has a luxurious feel.

The rooms are nice, though our room in the "new" part of the hotel had no view, I believe that is true of many of them. I think that this is likely mostly due to the age of the buildings.
The only eal issue is that it is a bit of a pain getting from place A-B to get to the pool one has to take an elevator traverse the main lobby then find a staircase and it is just sort of annoying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdbasile
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear traveler,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Villa Florentine with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times.
We have taken good note of your remarks regarding accessibility to the pool.

I would just like to draw your attention to the fact that our etablishment propose 28 rooms, and each have a different design.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Villa Florentine in a near future.

Villa Florentine

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Comfortable hotel with beautiful views over the old centre of Lyon and a nice swimming pool with excellent service. We were a little dissapointed that our suite (700 euro's) was not located in the main building but in a dependance across the street only reachable by a tunnel. Room service there took three quarters of an hour (and two calls) to arrive.
Very much dissapointing though was our experience in the restaurant (1 Michelin star) situated on very nice terrace with above mentioned view. The food (wine also) however was absolutely not up to standard and awfully expensive. We advise everybody to ask in advance for a room in ther main building. On arrival you will be asked to make a reservation in the restaurant. Avoid that place!!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple