$184
$192
$172
$92
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $111/night.

$280
$195
Official Site
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $231/night.

$191
$132
$90
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

$113
$108
  • Breakfast included
$102
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbeautiful hotelformer conventold townhill overlookingmain buildingjunior suitethe michelin starred restaurantluxury hotelbasilica of notre dameoutdoor poolconcierge deskchecking instayed one nightpaul bocusereception areayogurtcity
Reviewed January 8, 2013

On arrival, we were greeted with a welcome glass of champagne and then shown to our room overlooking the pool and Lyon. Having once been a convent, the main reception areas has some interesting architectural features.
The room was large and comfortable, clean and had a good en suite. Because we were there on a Sunday night, the Terasse restaurant was closed for dinner which gave us the adventure of going down the adjacent 267 step long stairway into the old town to a nearby restaurant where we mixed with the locals and ate Lyonnaise.
Breakfast on the terrace was excellent,if typical and with spectacular views over Lyon.

Room Tip: Main building top floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Madam, dear Sir,

It is with great pleasure that I read your sentiment following your stay at Villa Florentine.
I am bewitched to read that it was a pleasant time for you.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next coming to Lyon.

Best regards

Villa Florentine Manager

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love this hotel and I maybe biased as I am originally from Lyon. Having moved to Paris to kickstart my career, I always love to come back to my hometown. I must say that this hotel is in an excellent location and always makes me feel at home. The rooms, service, food, and ambiance is just excellent. I recommend this hotel highly, whether you are traveling with friends, family, or your partner.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Almondew
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at La Villa Florentine !
I am glad to read you had a pleasant experience with us.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you stay in Lyon.

Best regards.

Villa Florentine Manager

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Villa Florentine sits atop the hill over the city of Lyon and has an excellent view. Service is excellent and the food is delicious. The hotel is beautifully decorated and has a luxurious feel.

The rooms are nice, though our room in the "new" part of the hotel had no view, I believe that is true of many of them. I think that this is likely mostly due to the age of the buildings.
The only eal issue is that it is a bit of a pain getting from place A-B to get to the pool one has to take an elevator traverse the main lobby then find a staircase and it is just sort of annoying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mdbasile
Relations C, Gérant at Villa Florentine, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear traveler,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hotel Villa Florentine with us and I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is our philosophy to ensure that we provide our guests with the highest standards of product and service at all times.
We have taken good note of your remarks regarding accessibility to the pool.

I would just like to draw your attention to the fact that our etablishment propose 28 rooms, and each have a different design.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again to The Villa Florentine in a near future.

Villa Florentine

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Comfortable hotel with beautiful views over the old centre of Lyon and a nice swimming pool with excellent service. We were a little dissapointed that our suite (700 euro's) was not located in the main building but in a dependance across the street only reachable by a tunnel. Room service there took three quarters of an hour (and two calls) to arrive.
Very much dissapointing though was our experience in the restaurant (1 Michelin star) situated on very nice terrace with above mentioned view. The food (wine also) however was absolutely not up to standard and awfully expensive. We advise everybody to ask in advance for a room in ther main building. On arrival you will be asked to make a reservation in the restaurant. Avoid that place!!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hveenboer
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed one night with our dog. Very nice house in an old building! For check-in we could wait on an outside balcony with a nice cocktail.
Staff very friendly. Room very spacious and nice bathroom in tuscany/provence style.
Next time we will stay in a room with view over the city, it's worth it!
Some stairs lead you directly to the city and just on the other side of the street you have a nice walk through the parc des hauteurs that leads you on a 10 min walk to La Basilique Notre-Dame de Fourvière.
Breakfast was in a room with terrasse with a remarkable view over the whole city! Breakfast very nice and special- no buffet all served.
We highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Take a room with a view of the city!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple