“Our best meal in Lyon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Danton
Ranked #8 of 3,203 Restaurants in Lyon
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Portland, Oregon
“Our best meal in Lyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

In a city of great meals, this was our best. A little off the beaten track for visitors, but worth the cab ride. Excellent service, fine wine list. Meals are stylishly presented, but not at the expense of the food. The food is paramount: loving preparation of quality local foodstuffs.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank Withyscott

Carrara, Australia
“Quality and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

After 3 weeks around Greece, Italy and France this is the by far the best meal on the basis of finesse and quality and the price was less than many of other to date. While the menu is very limited what is on the menu is outstanding. The wine list on the other hand is extensive. With the entree, main and dessert menu at 27EUR the value was outstanding. It has a Michellin guide plaque on the window and deserves its status. Wished we had researched this before last night so we could have tried the other options on the menu.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank sandmanGoldCoast
Zurich, Switzerland
“Fine French in tiny, cosy bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Dinner at this tiny, cosy bistro in an area a little out of the Lyon old town was most definitely worth the small detour. Our 3 course meal was impeccably fresh, beautifully plated and so, so tasty. Traditional dishes reworked with a lighter, more modern flair. The waiter suggested the perfect wine to go with it, and even the coffee was brilliant. You can see the 2 chefs working behind a glass divider, and one came out to check if we were happy. You will need to reserve a table.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fourwanderers
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic dinner in walking distance of Part Dieu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

I took a chance and called for dinner and got a table. I was a lucky one, others were turned away as the place is small. They have very affordable options for 2, 3, 4 or 5 courses. Since I was by myself, I appreciated the wine 3 wine options by the pot for red, or white or rosé. I chose a 2 course option of entree and plate, for my entree I had a pressed beef and fois which was so delicious. Now I want to make this for my friends! For the main, I had the veal cheeks which were cooked for 72 hours, and were they delicious. It still had texture and a nice sear on the outside. The sauce was light and complimented the millefiori of potatoes and the roasted vegetables. Although I did not have dessert, I noticed what others were getting and all looked quite nice. I can't wait to visit Lyon again so I can return to this restaurant. Bravo chef Alexis!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank MPA033
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Best food we had in Lyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Having read the great reviews we booked for dinner at Le Danton during our recent stay to Lyon. We were a big group of 12, in a very small restaurant, but this was no problem at all. Great, traditional French restaurant. Small menu, but everything we had from It was just beautiful. Most of us had the veal, definitely the best any of us had ever eaten, cooked to perfection. Great value and would thoroughly recommend a visit. Very handy if, like us, you are staying in the Part Dieu area.

Visited April 2014