Cool & Bed
$70
$58
  • Restaurant
Quality Suites Lyon Confluence(Lyon)(Great Value!)
$98
$102
$90
Hotel Website
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2012

First of all I must say I LOVED my stay at Cool & Bed. Staff was extremely welcoming and helpful, there was always at least 1 of them around to help us with anything we need, but they were also friendly enough to create a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere in the hostel without being remotely patronizing.

The hostel itself is great, too, with a very high level of cleanliness, especially for its budget price. Breakfast is not bad, just the standard bread, jam, butter and cereal, but I would not expect much more. I really liked the bathrooms because they are all so clean and smell really nice all the time! The location of the hostel is convenient, too, within walking distance from the old quarter and by a beautiful river. Make sure you check out the morning market on the riverside too.

Cool & Bed really made Lyon the best destination throughout my trip to France this summer. I will definitely stay here again when I have a chance to come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2012

There is nothing to complaint about. The staff is friendly, the hotel and the facilities are clean and modern. The breakfast is quite simple, but not worse than in other hostel. If you really want to be in the very center, choose another place, but it's not far at all, wether by metro or walking.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Teacup2000
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you're after a clean, cheap and friendly backpacker experience, you can't go wrong. Unlike the many and expensive backpacker extortion holes in Paris, the people are open, genuine and happy to help. What can I say, thankyou Cool and Bed, you made my trip in Lyon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staff were very friendly and welcoming on arrival. They gave us a tour of the whole place which was really helpful. They were always around and approachable in case we needed anything.

The place itself was amazingly decorated with beautiful graffiti and paintings all over the walls. The bedroom was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

The showers and toilets were also very clean and nice. Never had to wait either because there was quite a few.

The main room was a very sociable space that was inviting and made it possible to mix with people and meet people easily.

Drinks at the bar very reasonable prices! (Trust me i know ;) )

A little hard to find at first and about 20 mins away from the centre but apart from that a really great place to stay!

Room Tip: The larger rooms seem more sociable but it isn't much more expensive for the smaller rooms which you might prefer to get a better sleep.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2012

From the moment I stepped in the door, I immediately felt welcome. I was given a tour of the hostel and offered food (marinated tomatoes with cheese and a piece of french bread). The hostel was bright and spotless. The location was a bit out of the city center, but still barely 15 minutes to the train station on the subway. Free wireless, a free computer (if you didn't have your own), the staff even lent me soap because I forgot mine. The bathrooms were great and offered private showers with good temperature and water pressure. I can't recommend this place enough. If you are a student like me looking for affordable accommodations in Lyon, DO NOT stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo