“Basic but OK”

Ranked #159 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
Gilleleje, Denmark
“Basic but OK”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good value for the money but don`t expect a 5 star hotel... its basic but ok.. also taking into consideration, that is just across the Perrache Metro Station which will take you to the (far away) down town in just a few minutes (you don`t hear the trains at night).. Remember to take a stroll along the Rhone river and its fantastic scenery. Just 15 minutes walk from Bellecour Plaza which you don`t wanna miss for its beauty and shopping-facilities
The room was a bit hot as I found no air condition

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan
Reviewed February 19, 2013

After I checked out, I wanted to wait for my train in the entrance room.But this hotel staff said , "You don't my guest,so you can't use this sofa and toilet ,wifi , all facilities! Go out hurry up!!."
I was very surprised. I met this the worst hotel for the first time. I don't recommend this hotel.
This is the worst hotel around the world!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Lyon hotels

Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We selected this hotel due to its excellent location - in the hert of the city and very close to Perrache railway station, having tram and subway in less than 5 minutes walk.
The rooms are very clean, however bathroom is not in the perfect state with bath curtains dropping down on every touch.
Free wi-fi as an advantage.
And stingy breakfast as an disadvantage.

Good overall impression for transit travellers like us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We had booked a twin room for a 2 night stay here. On arrival, me and my colleague were told that there was an overbooking and there were no twin rooms available. And were forced to stay in a double room, with just one bed which we shared.
We agreed to stay in the room, however, we requested an additional blanket at the reception desk, and the response we got from the receptionist was VERY rude, " I can not help you with this" he said. Terribly rude to our faces.
The hotel is nothing special, quite over priced. Rooms are very basic. Good location.
Rudest staff I have ever seen, Bad service. I do not recommend it .

Room Tip: go else were
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Cheap and not very good, but central. It was good for us because we wanted to see the city and didn't spend time on the Hotel. I wouldn't recommend it for families, as someone sad before, they may as well charge an hourly rate, if you know what I mean...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were on a very last minute business trip to France. We booked this hotel as very conveniently located near the station. The room, although small, was very well apointed and more to the point very clean.
French hotels have understood that Wi-Fi should be free and easy to use. This was definitely the case here.

I will definitely use again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed April 9, 2012

It was a strange setting. You got one key and you could never take it from the hotel, the desk always kept it when you left. I think the hotel very well may have had an hourly rate. Just through the tunnel there were prostitutes and an old abandoned prison. It felt very safe but was interesting to say the least. Overall the room was very clean and nice! The location was nice and they had 2 parking spots. One day we lost our parking spot but within 2 hours the car was gone and we got our spot back…
I would recommend staying here but if only on a budget.

• Stayed April 2012