“Very pleasurable experience for my son and I!”
Review of Hotel Victoria

Hotel Victoria
Ranked #93 of 193 Hotels in Lyon
Prague, Czech Republic
“Very pleasurable experience for my son and I!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I booked a room at Hotel Victoria last Thursday without doing too much research and had planned on perhaps moving on after one day with my son but we decided to stay 3 days and this will not be the last time I visit Hotel Victoria as I am a regular visitor to Lyon.

Emmanuel and his staff were very professional, friendly and willing to help out more than they are required to. They were really friendly to me and my son and the room was adequate to requirements, kept clean and the breakfast was a perfect start to the day for both of us.

This was a very positive experience and I recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed for just two nights, but everything was wonderful - and for a great price! Excellent location: minute walk from metro, tram, and train stations. Lovely private room with acceptable bathroom, large comfortable bed, and lovely view of Notre Dame de Fourvière.
The staff was very friendly, kind, and helpful. Niels, the owner's niece, who was working at the front desk, was a pleasure to talk to, and he gave me great suggestions as to where to go in Lyon. He gave me a map and pointed out all the major attractions. Great, helpful person!
Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay during my visit to Lyon. I would highly recommend this place to anyone and will certainly return the next time I visit!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sasha P
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

A clean, convenient and good value hotel. The staff were eager to please and the breakfast was good value. We stayed two nights and found the room comfortable, although there was absolutely no view at all. The bathroom was like the size of a cupboard but had what it needed, a sink, toilet and shower, barely room to turn round in it but it did it's job! Free wifi was fast and efficient.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EveningEater
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stay there for a business trip, in a single bedroom.
I have been really suprise by the size of the "bathroom" for all of you who are French the bathroom look like the 12m² 's crous 's bedroom you can sit on the toilet brushing your teeth and takingyour shower at the same time ! Be positive at least you will not miss your appointement.

To go there you will need to cross the train station and that is not an easy job.

It is a good value hotel but for a shot stay ONLY !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Aurore_French
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My friend and I stayed at this hotel and enjoyed every minute. It was clean, comfortable and good value. We loved the staff who were very friendly and helpful. They had great English and did everything they could to make us feel at home. We loved it so much we are going back again!

• Stayed January 2014
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Spent 3 very nice nights here. Yes, the rooms are small and the bathroom even smaller, but if you are exploring Lyon all day, what does it matter? The bathroom reminded me of one we experienced on a 43 foot catamaran several years ago. You do have to be careful of your toiletries as it is easy to soak them while showering!

We had a really hard time finding the hotel as there was construction going on nearby that made streets look impassable. Once we got there after 40 minutes of driving in the area, I was frazzled.

A tip - if you need directions, ask where Hotel Ibis is and Victoria is just around the corner from the front of the Ibis!

I needed to return the rental to Hertz at the Perrache train station nearby but had not seen where to drop off the car. As the rest of our party checked in, the owner came out and rode with me to the Hertz lot. What a great thing to do!

The staff was uniformly great during our stay and did nice things like chill a bottle of wine for us. I would recommend this property without reservation!

The picture attached to this review is of Notre Dame, taken by standing on the bed in the room (#32, I think) and through the window.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheRealAwaxy
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The hotel is very close to gare Perrache (about 3 minutes walk), just on the small alley next to Ibis hotel. Do not use the google map directions which will tell you to walk 12 minutes around the train station to get to the hotel. The hotel room is small but clean. The bathroom might be a bit small if you are a big man. The only issue I had with this hotel is the WiFi. My room was located at the end of the corridor and the WiFi was very weak.
It also easy to walk to the Lyon shopping area from the hotel through the train station passway.

If you take train to Lyon Part Dieu station, you can take the connection train from Lyon Part Dieu station to Gare Perrache without extra cost on the same day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo