Hotel Saint-Pierre des Terreaux
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
All reviewsgreat locationquaint hotelrooms are smallold townfrance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Lets not make any bones about this. The hotel rooms are shoeboxes but nevertheless shieboxes smack bang in the centre of france's second city. For the money no one can complain. Not sure i would want to have too many nights here, but as a stopover to get a taste of Lyon it was perfect. Try to make sure you only have overnight bags as room access in not easy. A mention for the staff who were very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I booked this hotel based on all the raving 5star reviews I read on the Tripadvisor website and for the first time in years I was a little disappointed.. Maybe it’s because my friend and I had a very small twin room (room 210) that looked out onto an ugly dark enclosed courtyard or because we suffered a 5 day heatwave of an average 38 degrees with no airco in the room (luckily there was a good ventilator but it was still 32 degrees in the room and I know 2star hotels aren’t obliged to install airco but it’s simply too hot to get a good night’s sleep in these temperatures) or maybe it was because of the noisy neighbours at night time, but I've been to 4star hotels before and it's a shame I didn't have the same 4star experience as other reviewers on this website. The breakfast was very limited in choice too but then maybe, that’s what you should expect from a 2star hotel and admittedly, maybe my expectations were too high after reading all the reviews… I’m not a negative or pessimistic person and I have to say that the staff were all extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms were nicely decorated and had a tv, small refrigerator and safe (although the bathroom is really small for 2 people), the location was superb with lots of restaurants and bus and metro stops nearby and close to the historic centre, so I can definitely see where all the good ratings come from, but still, for me, the lack of airco during a heatwave, the size of the bathroom, the ugly courtyard and noise at night simply make it a 2star hotel and not one I would return to for a good night’s rest and some nice Lyon city views…because Lyon Is a wonderful city and it’s a shame we didn’t get that vibe from our hotel. But again, I’d like to stress that the friendly reception staff still made our stay enjoyable and I’m sure that if it hadn’t been this hot, maybe my review would’ve been a little milder too…

Room Tip: Do not choose room 210 when you're travelling as a couple or as friends... as a solo traveller, you'd be more comfortable. Not a nice view from your window.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank iris_tuerlinckx
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just left Lyon with a 3 night stay at Hotel Saint-Pierre des Terreaux. The rooms were beatuiful, a good size (although it was just me, so almost anything will do) and clean. Each afternoon/evening, I can back to a freshly made bed and tidy room. The staff was nice, although could have been more friendly, but perhaps that was due to the language barrier. The shower hose in my bathroom was cracked and they changed it immediately. I needed a taxi to take me to the train station and they called it the night before. The hotel is in a perfect location, you can walk to everything, although I suggest renting bikes. It's fun and faster. Overall the hotel was wonderful. I don't understand why it is only rated 2 stars. I would give it 4 (only because the breakfast wasn't very good, my suggestion is to go out for breakfast or pick up a crossant, you'll save money and it will be better). When you're in Lyon, be sure to take the hike up to Basilique Notre Dame de Fourviere. It is the most beautiful church I have ever seen and the view of Lyon is unreal. Also, bike out to Parc de la Tete d'Or and spend an afternoon there. Beautiful park (well parks within a park) with a gorgeous blue lake. The park is free and there's a pretty good zoo inside that is also free. Everything in Lyon (sight-seeing wise) is all free! Big difference from Paris haha. Enjoy!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Katelyn P
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This small, charming hotel slap bang in the centre of Lyon did not disappoint us. We read all the reviews and knew what to expect. Yes, the rooms and the bathrooms are small and there is no elevator but the hotel is right where you want to be. It is clean and comfortable and the staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. Great value for money and if we return to Lyon the Saint-Pierre des Terreaux is where we will stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights, upon arrival we were a bit weary by the look of the outside of the hotel. After getting to reception, we were met by a very friendly man who told us about the hotel, area and attractions.

We were in room 310 on the third floor, there is no lift so its a bit of a climb. The room was quite small, was en-suite with seperate bathroom and shower room. There was a small tv, and soap was provided.

All the staff were every helpful espicilly the man working on our second night who spoke little English but still managed to help us by using translation on his I pad.

The hotel is in an excellent location right next to the main squares and within about 20 minutes walk from all the main attractions.

I would definately would recomment this hotel and would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family