“No complaints”

Best Western Crequi Lyon Part Dieu
Ranked #106 of 196 Hotels in Lyon
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The second time I've stayed at this Best Western for business was in February 2013. Room was clean and a reasonable size. Bed was standard European double. I slept well, so no complaints. The in-house restaurant was also good if you need a quick option. Location is good for access to central Lyon and the rail station. I will probably use this one again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I don't usually write review ms but I thought I would make an exception in this instance. I left my tablet charger in the room and only realised once I got back to Geneva. I sent the reception an email and they were very helpful and organised for it to be sent to me. Very helpful!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed in the hotel Crequi Lyon Part Dieu for 3 nights during visiting Festival of Light.
My room absolutely satistied my wishes upon booking - double bed, non-smoking room and highest floor.
What was a bit unusual is that the room doesn't have upper light. Saw it for the first tim ein my life, really! When I arrived in the evening when it was already dark outside, it was tricky to find the way how to turn on the lights...
So in the evening it was really dark in the room...
The best thing I liked - was bathroom. It was stylish and modern, and cozy at the same time. While the room itself more corresponds to a 3-star hotel, but not the 4 stars.
Hotel was nicely situated - a short walk from the city centre and also reachable by foot from the train station.
The worst surprise was waiting for me upon check-out. Except city tax (which I were told upon arrival, that it should be paid during check-out since my room was already prepaid), I were asked to pay breakfast, and it was 15 Euros for each day and 45 Euros in total!
1) No one told me that breakfast was not included in the room rate (and even web-site says nothing)
2) Breakfast rate is not indicated anywhere at all - so it goes as "Surprise!!!"
3) The price for the breakfast doesn't corresponds the quality and variaty of food.
So was really disapointing!
515 Euros for 3 nights with poor breakfast even during high season (Festival of Lights) is not a fair price

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights in a comfort plus room, # 152. (November 2012) I think it was a handicap/accessible room. Very small sleeping area and small desk (for a business person, not much room on top of desk for computer and notebook) but that being said, we were fine with the room. It has a mini-fridge, hairdryer and tub (hand held type shower that was not very functional) but again , this was a handicapped room. Electric kettle in room with tea and instant coffee. Free Wi-Fi in room. Our price of 85 Euro per night included breakfast. Breakfast was continental: cereal, hard boiled eggs, cheeses, meats, juices, yougurt, fruit and everything was ample. There are 8 parking spaces in the garage below. You need to call or e-mail directly to the hotel to reserve a space (15 Euro per night but worth it!). The staff was very helpful and kind and they spoke English. The hotel is about 5 blocks from the Pont Wilson/Rhone River,so a fairly good location between the Vieux Lyon and the business area. The room was clean and the hotel was safe and quiet. We would stay there again for the value.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room first! First floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Guillaume M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Crequi Lyon Part Dieu, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Madam, Sir,

First of all thank you for trusting in our hotel, and for your kind comments.

All the staff joins me to thank you for supporting our efforts to give our best to our guests.
We are pleased to read that you had a very nice stay.

We look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Best Regards.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The rooms are small but very clean and well attended, the facilities worked well and WiFi was free and as a 3 star hotel this compares well the cheaper rooms in some the 4 and 5 star hotels I have stayed in. However the real motivation for this review are the staff. They were exceptionally friendly and helpful and made the stay enjoyable

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Maybe because I booked it months ago on expedia, paid up front and got 10% further off with a voucher, but I am struggling to criticise this establishment. It was lovely, quiet and clean. We were in the wing at the rear in a smallish, but pleasant enough room. The ensuite was perfect and had a bath, not just a shower as normally befits this grade of hotel and the bed was really comfortable. The location is absolutely ideal, being between the main railway station Part Dieu (and the Rhone Express to the airport) and the bridges over the Rhone to the old city. Everything you would want to see on a weekend break is within walking distance. I recommend breakfast at least in the nearby food market Les Halles Paul Bocuse with its mouthwatering displays of every delicacy imaginable under the sun. We arrived really early and we were allowed to put our baggage in the store while we went for a wander. Everything was ready for us an hour later even though the room was only meant to be available from 1400. The staff were very helpful and polite and even though I am fluent in French, they were happy to speak very acceptable English to my partner who is not. For 170 pounds for three nights, this has to be one of my best value city breaks ever. I do wish that certain people (who usually seem to be American), would get a grip and not expect priceless perfection from what is a budget hotel charging budget prices. You would certainly not get it in your own country, so why have such unrealistic, capricious expectations when you travel abroad?

Room Tip: I think the rooms in the rear wing where we were would be quieter than at the front.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cteague1
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We asked for a room close to reception & despite the fact that the hotel wasn't particularly busy were given a room in a different building. Luggage had to be carried through a garden, up two narrow, dark spiral staircases, & THROUGH THE RESTAURANT. Receptionist was very unhelpful, refusing to make a phone call regarding our forward booking in the same chain, saying that it was "too expensive" to make such a call, & suggesting that we went outside & used a public call box instead. The room was very small, stale, & the only Best Western we've ever visited that didn't offer a hospitality tray. The restaurant was very quiet for a good reason - the food was overpriced & mediocre. In all a very disappointing experience & we were glad to get out.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple